So I'm a songwriter, and in writing a song, I found that my bassline lacked something. What it lacked was a constant volume. What I mean is, just playing a note and letting it ring is not what I'm looking for, I want it to just keep going, like if you were playing a wind instrument. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to play it while keeping the volume going? Its a slow song too, so it is very important to let it keep going.
Any ideas?
compressor/sustainer, or just use a synth patch that sounds semirealistic.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
If you wrote this song with drums, you can prettymuch have the bassline mimic the kick pattern of the drums. Slow or fast, that will usually work for a simple groove.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
i always wondered how he did that!

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by DanielQ
hard to say without hearing the song. you could play whole notes or something....

Did you read his original post properly? He said playing one note and just letting it ring until it fades out isn't enough, he wants a constant tone.

TS, Ebow is definitely the way to go.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Did you read his original post properly? He said playing one note and just letting it ring until it fades out isn't enough, he wants a constant tone.

My bad. Still hard to say without hearing the music. I've never used an ebow, but it sounds sounds like a good option. But isn't it made for the guitar and not bass?
Quote by DanielQ
My bad. Still hard to say without hearing the music. I've never used an ebow, but it sounds sounds like a good option. But isn't it made for the guitar and not bass?

Seems to work fine for Manring.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by DanielQ

You are right... but I refer to the Ebow's site FAQ.

Does the EBow work on bass?

The EBow was designed for guitar string spacing. It gets its necessary alignment by resting on the strings adjacent to the one you're playing. To play the EBow on bass, you must accomplish this critical alignment in challenging ways. You can rest the EBow between the strings and tilt it sideways to get the string you want to play to run down the drive channel. You can use your forefinger and thumb off the edges of the EBow to create "grooves" that catch the adjacent strings. Or, you can just hold the EBow in the proper position through sheer will and determination. Light gauge strings and a touch of distortion can prove useful, especially in the harmonic mode. Michael Manring has perfected the use of EBow on bass.

(http://www.ebow.com/ebow/faq.htm)