ok i have a fender super60 amp
and i guese aparantely its 60 watss of tube power but it feels like less
could someone do the math and tell me if 2 6l6 have the kind of power to put out 60 watts
oh yah and apparantely i need something louder for outdoor gigs and **** like that should i just get a cab because its only a 12 speaker or get a new amp with more wattage
i play punk and grunge/garagy stuff so thanks for the help
the 60 could be heard trough the drums but it dosent cut through that well you know its on the point/treshold even at max volume
how about a laney
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Halfstacks can bring down walls, but totally unneeded to be honest- I have one because I got a good deal on it but I really wanted a Peavey Valveking 212 combo, those are 100w tube combo amps, great for rock to punk to metal, you should check one of those out.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by cam_sampbell
how about a laney

yah thanks for the suggestion man but two expensive and im not sure thats what im looking for
60 Watts tube and its not loud enough? Take it to a tech and get it checked out because that should be REALLY loud.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Try replacing the tubes. 60 watts tube should rip your testicles/ovaries either off and/or out...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
do you cut the mids? because 60 watt is loud as **** and should easily cut through.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
+1 one to checking the tubes. If that thing is cranked the people in the front row should probably be getting slaughtered, like in 300.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Try replacing the tubes. 60 watts tube should rip your testicles/ovaries either off and/or out...

all ready did that it says 60 but it feels like 15-20
thats why i asked if anyone new about tubes and knew if two 6L6 power tubes could pull of 60 watts i dont know how fender measures there watts
Quote by helsinki_vampir
do you cut the mids? because 60 watt is loud as **** and should easily cut through.

yes i do i cut them but not all the way leave them like at 4 same with bass and treble around 6 or 7 then i adjust on my metal muff constantly changing treble and mids i guese it was false advertising or i should go get it checked or they probly rated it like SS amp or something i dont know
Quote by Kevin Saale
+1 one to checking the tubes. If that thing is cranked the people in the front row should probably be getting slaughtered, like in 300.

did i mention its just outside backyard **** thats all it is
Quote by purple tiger
all ready did that it says 60 but it feels like 15-20
thats why i asked if anyone new about tubes and knew if two 6L6 power tubes could pull of 60 watts i dont know how fender measures there watts

Yes. I own a Mesa Boogie Mark III 60W head and it has 2 6l6.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Take it to the shop and get it checked out...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
My HRD has 2 6l6s and it pretty damn loud. If I ever take it outside I have to turn it down as to not piss off the neighbors too much. Luckily I have an attenuator now.
Quote by purple tiger
yes i do i cut them but not all the way leave them like at 4 same with bass and treble around 6 or 7 then i adjust on my metal muff constantly changing treble and mids i guese it was false advertising or i should go get it checked or they probly rated it like SS amp or something i dont know

if you have more than 1 guitarist (you) than its clear why you don't cut trough. try to have the mids above (higher) than the bass and roll back the bass a bit.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Yes. I own a Mesa Boogie Mark III 60W head and it has 2 6l6.

and that amp could handle outside gigs sorry for the naive ? but this is the only tube amp ive ever had its probly somthing with the amp either that or the 12 speaker its the original one this amp is like 20 years old i bealieve but ill have it checked out
i mean it could be heard but could barely cut through
easily.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
thanks i guese you guys already answeared my question
ill do what you guys advise to tell me and probly buy a cab if needed after i check it up
A cab won't make it louder. The loudness of the amp is more determined by power that the speakers, though if you have very bad/inefficient speakers then a new one could make some difference.
Nevermind the reason i guese the seemed week is because im right next to the speaker and the drum and my ears are always ringing but today again i went over to friends pad envited the homies got some beer and some bud started drinking and smoking and started mashing again and we ran out of bud so i went a couple houses over like 8 or 9 to get some more from my dealer and ill be damned if you still could couldnt hear that amp my friend was playing trough it and it was loud as ****
Actually a cab will help if it doesnt' sound loud enough, hook it up to a 4x10/12 cab.

More speakers means more air being pushed equals the energy being distrubuted over a large space meaning more people will hear it besides the first ten people that the amp is pointed to.
Quote by purple tiger
Nevermind the reason i guese the seemed week is because im right next to the speaker and the drum and my ears are always ringing but today again i went over to friends pad envited the homies got some beer and some bud started drinking and smoking and started mashing again and we ran out of bud so i went a couple houses over like 8 or 9 to get some more from my dealer and ill be damned if you still could couldnt hear that amp my friend was playing trough it and it was loud as ****

I just busted my gut open, that was so funny...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
oh yes poor grammer on my part
and i plan on buying a cab and a vibrolux head if there in production i hope they just dont sell combos
by the way you guys think a vibrolux with a metal muff will be sufficient for punk or would it need some sort of OD as well
the reason i want a vibrolux is beacuse its just a beatiful amp on the cleans nothing beats it
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I just busted my gut open, that was so funny...

i guese you could tell im preety ****ed up just by mt typing
Quote by purple tiger
i guese you could tell im preety ****ed up just by mt typing

Yeah. Go to bed man. You need it...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
^hhmmm good advice
thanks its enough that im dumb but deff to
well thats just to much my friend thanks