Page 1 of 2
of all the modern day instruments, out of all the guitars, violins, flutes, trumpets, pianos, keyboards, clarinets, tubas, basses, and every other instrument you can think of, what in your opinion can be played the fastest?with like a bagilion notes per second lol...
i realize this is not that accurate and no one really know, i would like to hear some replies and what the good/bad people of Ug think about it
so please, humor me
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I can shred the French Horn pretty fast.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
If you count semitones, probably the trombone, slide guitar, or something similar, since there's technically an infinite amount of notes one could hit.
programmable pianos.

every instrument can be played at any speed. the limiting factor is the person playing them. A 'perfect' player could get to any speed on any instrument.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I can shred the French Horn pretty fast.

And I shred the Ukelele.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you count semitones, probably the trombone, slide guitar, or something similar, since there's technically an infinite amount of notes one could hit.

you have a point, so in that case also all the bow instruments(violins, cello's, viola's etc..) are like that too
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Jews Harp.
I shreds it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Do vocals count as an instrument?

i guess
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by SHEEM
And I shred the Ukelele.

Rock on \m/

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you count semitones, probably the trombone, since there's technically an infinite amount of notes one could hit.

Yeah but the slide is an incredible buden and makes it really hard to play notes clean with any kind of speed.

Which is why it isn't used in Bebop. Cuz Bebop is incredibly high speed tempo wise.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

semitones are only one fret though, so anyone can play them. anything smaller than a semitone is flat/sharp, and therefore (in my view) shouldn't count.

and a grand piano would be among the fastest, when dropped from a high building.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken

and a grand piano would be among the fastest, when dropped from a high building.

i see what you did there
Quote by flambe chicken

any instrument dropped off a building would fall at the same rate silly.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by flambe chicken
semitones are only one fret though, so anyone can play them. anything smaller than a semitone is flat/sharp, and therefore (in my view) shouldn't count.
There are microtonal scales you know? notes between the 'usual' ones. They're no less notes than the accepted western 12 repeating semitones.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
There are microtonal scales you know? notes between the 'usual' ones.

my bad then! i know that ragas often have different actual note values, but figured we were looking at the standard western chromatic scale...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
trombone can be played pretty fast actually.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by Tallman
Yeah either that or mechanised piano.

John Coltrane played the original at least that fast. Ive heard him play faster than that too....

ya, he shreds
I have nothing witty to say here at the moment

Expect a change soon
Fruity Loops

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i've been known to smash banjos pretty quickly if you count that as similar to shredding
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Do vocals count as an instrument?

Only if you're yodeling.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Page 1 of 2