the army

controversial topic, and please nobody tell me to use the search bar or whatever

but say you wanted to join the army, but someone really close to you didn't want you to, but the only job you want and possibly can do is an army career
would you do it?

interested to know, bit of a personal dilemma

Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Yes, yes I would.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Go for it, one of my closest buddies is in the military and is going away on extended training for another 2 years, wont be back alot..His GF, his family and his buddies all support him and respect his decision. Its what he wants, end of. Im sure people will support you too, so long as you commit mo'fuhka!
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
I support the armed forces.

I may not support their objectives given to them by their commanding officers, but I support the armed forces.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by mulletman500
I wouldn't join the army because apparently you lose free will.

Yeah but you get to shoot stuff and blow up sh!t. Mancore!
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
I don't fancy going bald, killing people and getting shot
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You have to understand that in order to make you into an order-following, fast-reacting, calm-under-pressure machine that they need to put you through various psychiatric training?

That's the main reason I don't want to join the army. My buddy's sister joined and now she's delusional, engaged to a guy she's been dating for a month, and basically acting like someone she never was. She's about to get disowned from her family.

Another friend of mine went over there and since he came back he's just been into drugs and alcohol like hardcore. He was wasted and coked out one night and a cop tried to give him a DUI and he beat the living hell out of the cop and went to jail for assault.

So, no, I won't join. My psyche is fragile enough as is, that much death and destruction is NOT going to help.
Personally, I don't really like the army.||

Bottom line is, the army kills people, so I don't like them.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish