Capital punishment is a topic I keep seeing brought up in various news stories and I also just saw people saying they want to legalise it in another thread (prompting me to make this one).

So, what do you think about it? Good or bad, or explain your views deeper.
I agree with people who thing Capitals and Punctuation are very important. Sometimes, Though, Capital letters are Overused; and. Some senTences are punctuated improperly? one must! be CareFul when using Capitals and punctuation.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
I agree with people who thing Capitals and Punctuation are very important. Sometimes, Though, Capital letters are Overused; and. Some senTences are punctuated improperly? one must! be CareFul when using Capitals and punctuation.

haha i lolled
Yup i totally agree with it, i say London is long over-due some punishment, it smells and the people talk funny. 100 lashes!
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by sSyLc

The world would be a horrible place without people like you. Much <3.
Quote by clearchaos
nobody deserves to die.

period.

What if that person killed your parents and raped their dead bodies? Sorry if that's a bit graphic, but you would want them dead too. Right? I know I would.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
definitely the way to go. If someone uses an capitalization we should nuke their entire country.

*checks the first word*
NOOOOOOOOOO
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by 100%guitarmad
haha i lolled

Quote by dogismycopilot
The world would be a horrible place without people like you. Much <3.

Thank you. I do try.
Quote by ratmblink123
What if that person killed your parents and raped their dead bodies? Sorry if that's a bit graphic, but you would want them dead too. Right? I know I would.

I think it would be worse if they raped their live bodies.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by ratmblink123

I wouldn't care if that person lived or died. I mean, it's not going to bring my parents back and undo his posthumous intercourse with their bodies. Sure he's a total freak, but killing him isn't going to fix anything. If he did something like that, then most likely something is wrong with him in the head. Your solution is to kill those who are troubled and have wronged you, whereas I would at least first try to help them. We're all in the same boat.

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
There's already a massive thread on this, twas up here the other day. You might want to take a look at it.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796866&highlight=capital+punishment

Personally I'm against it, I believe everyone should be given the chance to reform.
Quote by StaggHound
That's the problem with kids today. No upper body strength.
Back in my day, when you smashed a guitar, it stayed smashed.

Cunning Pikes

The one and only member of the Cunning Pike Club.
Quote by mulletman500
Capital punishment is a topic I keep seeing brought up in various news stories and I also just saw people saying they want to legalise it in another thread (prompting me to make this one).

So, what do you think about it? Good or bad, or explain your views deeper.

Under the ECHR it is forbidden, so don't expect it in the UK or Europe any time soon.

I, however, would advocate capital punishment in few extreme cases.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by ratmblink123

i will kill him using a nuke like a sword.

this punishment would be only for the cruel homicides
Quote by UselessHero
i will kill him using a nuke like a sword.

this punishment would be only for the cruel homicides

Define 'cruel'. Can you put a specific standard to that?

If not, don't think about making it a punishement. At that point the criminal justice system would become uncertain and unfair.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
Define 'cruel'. Can you put a specific standard to that?

If not, don't think about making it a punishement. At that point the criminal justice system would become uncertain and unfair.

like pedophile and psycho
Quote by Meths
1)Cost. It's cheaper to lock someone up for 50 years than it is to execute them (this is all based on the US figures). The average amount of time spent on Death Row is about 20 years, so you've got to pay for that much prison in the first place. Most of those 20 years are actually spent in a courtroom and not in a cell. Court's expensive and in no time at all you've already exceeded what it would to lock them up for life. So, in the event that you're a prick who makes decisions about human lives based on cost, you've got no argument.
2)Killing innocent people. Lots of barbarians blow this off with "only if it's 100% certain" or "DNA and forensic evidence mean it can be certain". A)Nothing is ever certain and B)DNA and forensic evidence are never certain. Highly, highly probable, so highly probable as to be pretty much certain, but still not actually certain. It is possible to wrongly convict people on DNA evidence. Especially if the body is found in a fairly advanced state of decomposition. Just look at the samples they found of "Maddie's" blood in her parents' hire car. It was degraded so they much they can't say with ANY certainty that it was her blood. Or even that it was actually blood. And that was what, a few weeks?
The killing of innocent people would be enough to put me off. It's not like the guilty are being let off and allowed to wander about in society, they're still ****ed. But I won't kill some murderers if it means killing some innocent people. Also, related note, people say you should reduce the amount of court time and appeals to reduce the cost enough to make it economically sensible, but that just makes it more likely that they'll kill someone who's innocent.
3)Violation of human rights. Usual stuff. You can call us all liberal nutjobs but I'm not stooping to their level. We don't kill people. It's wrong.
4)Nobody has the right to decide. I hear a lot of **** like "They DESERVE to die", every time I just think "wait, who the **** gave you the authority to make that decision?" You people aren't supreme moral authorities and you cannot tell me they DESERVE to die. Well, you can, but your opinion carries no weight because you're not in a position to make that call.
5)State power. Most pro-CP people are fascists so this usually won't bother them but I for one don't think the state should have the power to kill. It is not a just system of affairs. Everyone has to live in a country whether they like it or not, I didn't sign up to be in a country where the government could kill people. Not gonna happen.
6)Hypocrisy. By killing them you validate their actions. Their problem is that they don't show respect for human life. We shouldn't show them that we don't either. I want to be as little like these people as possible, and if that means taking the moral high ground and behaving like a civilised person, well that's what I'm going to do.
7)Barbaric. This is the 21st century. It is outrageous that people still think it is appropriate to kill people whose actions they disagree with.
8)Jail time is an appropriate alternative. You hear a lot of stuff about how people have a cushy life in prison, but I guarantee you it's bull****. It's all written by people who have never spent time in prison. Ask anyone who's been in prison and see whether they relish the thought of spending 20+ years in there. I don't think they'll like the idea.

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by ratmblink123

I'd rather they rotted in prison for the rest of their lives.

I think prisons need to be stricter for murderers.

die in prison, no entertainment, buckets for toilets emptied only when full, newspaper for TP, Itchy clothes, shoes that don't quite fit, crap food, uncomfortable mattresses, no pillows, make it always a bit too cold deliberately. Play really repetitive music into their cells day and night, the same barry manilow record on continuous loop. Make sure they don't get enough sleep by having random sirens through the day and night.

That sort of thing. Let them know their suffering is their own fault.
i'm against capital punishment for obvious reasons. damn shift key.

seriously though, only in the case of a prisoner that is a constant threat to other prisoners' and guards' safety should a person be executed.
#DTWD
Quote by ratmblink123

I wouldn't.

Honest truth.
Meths, you make me so horny when you completely pwn threads.

But yeah, when the government has the authority to send people to their death...what's next?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥