So it's time for a new amp. I've been doing some research and have came across the Mesa Boogie Mark IV. So tell me about this amp. Does it have good cleans and good gain? Can i achieve say, a Hendrix, RHCP and SRV tone out of it? I would also need it to get heavy when i need it too. Think RATM, old Chili Peppers. Oh yea, I'll be playing through a Strat and a Custom 24. Thanks for all of the input.
Last edited by ohshait at Mar 9, 2008,
damn a mark iv with a custom 24, thats what pete from chevelle uses, thats my dream setup right there. i think you could definitely get those tones from that amp, its extremely versatile, it just takes quite a bit of tweaking.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
You could do that stuff with the Mark IV but I find that the amps weakest point is the drive levels that the bands you listen to have. The amp can still do those tones good but other amps would do it better.

If you like the Marks and the heaviest you go is RATM, I recommend a Mark I.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Another amp i was looking at was the DSL 100. How does this amp compare with the Boogie? Would i be better off with this?
Quote by ohshait
Another amp i was looking at was the DSL 100. How does this amp compare with the Boogie? Would i be better off with this?

NO! The Boogie shits all over the JCM2000 amps.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ohshait

boogie still blows it away.

Whats the heaviest you'll be getting?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
That Walter Trout tone is what I'm after. It's magnificent. Also, the heaviest I'll be getting is probably Rage Against the Machine and Primus. Im not too much into metal but i would still like an amp that can get pretty heavy at times, and thanks for all the replies.
Last edited by ohshait at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by ohshait
The heaviest I'll be getting is probably Rage Against the Machine and Primus. Im not too much into metal but i would still like an amp that can get pretty heavy at times, and thanks for all the replies.

I'm going to have to say JCM 900 then.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer