I could use a different perspective here. I am totally out of ideas. Heres the deal....

I have an LTD F-200 with a Seymour Duncan SH8 pickup at the bridge. The low end is so much that I have to turn the low on my amp all the way down so it wont drown out the mids. The sound its producing is just way to thick. I have tried to adjust the pickup in relation to the strings and it doesnt really solve the problem.
My Les Paul sounds great through my amp and has no issues. If I use a distortion pedal with the LTD, it somewhat solves the problem, but I really like the amps natural distortion. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could do?
I would say turn down the tone on your guitar, and raise the action, but do raise it unless you feel comfortable doing so, or lower the pickup by your low E string so that it is at an angle.
You could try a treble booster or using thinner strings.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Adjusting the tone did nothing to help. I will raise the action a bit more later and see if that will help. I have the pickup lowered as much as I could on the lower side, it did help but the tone was bad. I will be trying new thinner strings and will see if that solves the problem. The sound is perfect with the low knob turned all the way down on the amp, so at least I can temporarily solve the problem and just adjust it back up with different guitars.
...it's an Invader pickup thats the problem... right?

Theres your problem.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I thought it may have been the pickup at first and tried it through a different amp. There, it sounded great, so I figured, cant be the pickup. Also, if I run it through an amp modeler, it has no problems at all. So, still a pickup problem? Possibly, but I doubt it.
Quote by RockDJ
There is no such thing as too much bass... period.

...um...

yes there is.

In response to the question, what I would do is put the pickup really close to the strings ant try to pick closer to the bridge.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by EVH92
...um...

yes there is.

I could of course explain my statement further... but not even the Bass forum idiots knew what I was talking about -_-

So there is no point in trying.

Lets just say that you have no idea what I meant and call it a day.
^ lets do that
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I had a similar sort of problem. After adjusting the pick up height an flappin round with amp settings, I found if turned the volume down low but the master volume up quite high I had the same volume and the low E was not too bassy. Sucks if you aint got a master volume.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by aropeendsit
tried it through a different amp. There, it sounded great

Sounds like the amp's the problem here......
Quote by Sendrith
...it's an Invader pickup thats the problem... right?

Theres your problem.

Yes the Ts has a invader, and i also believe that is the problem.