Poll: Jaguar or Jazzmaster ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jaguar or Jazzmaster ?
Jaguar
6 38%
Jazzmaster
10 63%
Voters: 16.
Ok so which do u think is better the fender jaguar or the fender jazz master ??
Last edited by conor_blakeman at Mar 9, 2008,
in terms of what? looks, sound, feel, or a combination of everything?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
in terms of what? looks, sound, feel, or a combination of everything?

They're pretty much the same thing except JazzMasters have Single Coils and Jaguars have Humbuckers.
jazzmasters have p-90's and jaguars have single coils, ballroomofmars is on crack aparently. this means the jazz master will have more mellow cleans, and a slightly hotter and raw tone. jaguar will have the shimmery cleans and bite of a single coil.

they have essentially the same design, save for the necks... the jazzmaster has a normal 25.5 scale neck (more comfortable imo), jaguar has a short 24 inch scale.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^Jazzmaster's don't have p-90's, but a fender soapbar pup that looks like a P-90 but doesn't sound like one at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by latinosuperstud
jazzmasters have p-90's and jaguars have single coils,

no they do not.

Jazzmaster pickups are often confused with Gibson's P90 pickups although their construction is similar but not identical. The coil is wound flat and wide, in contrast to Fender's usual tall and thin coils. This gives them a warmer tone without losing their single coil clarity. The Jazzmaster has a mellower, jazzier tone than the Strat, although it wasn't embraced by jazz musicians.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Blargh youre people and lack of knowledge.

Theyre pretty different guitars to play really.

Firstly the jaguar has a 24" scale length, which I find much more comfortable myself, the jag has a dual circuit, on the lead circuit use the 3 bottom slelectors to turn on/off pickups and the bass cut. This circuit uses 1meg pots on the bottom for tone/volume which are quite important for the surfy twang of the jag. The sound is very bright and distinctive. The rytym circuit uses only the neck pickup and has a second set of 500k pots to control the tone volume of this individual circuit. The pickups are your standard single coil pups, very bitey, plus a sheilding claw to help with some of the noise issues with the jag...

The jazzmaster has a standard 25.5" scale length, but with the same 7.25" low radius and C profile neck. The circuit is different, still the same lead/rythym circuit selector, the lead circuit has a basic 3 way toggle switch with the same volume/pots set up and the basic same idea for the ryhtym circuit. But the pickups are alot warmer, and although they look like p90s, they arent, but they are pretty middy and have much more low end.

Theyre both good for different things. I find the jag plays better, but the jazzmaster sounds better. I ultimately picked the CIJ jag myself. Deffinately needs a pup upgrade though, the CIJ pups are awfull.

But they both have the same issues with the bridge, and tremelo set up. Ultimately, go to the shop and try them both out. One will call to you...

Neither is better. Just different.
Quote by ballroomofmars
They're pretty much the same thing except JazzMasters have Single Coils and Jaguars have Humbuckers.

then jaguar =D
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
yeha i was like wtf is a guar.. ;D.. go for jaguar definetly
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )