Page 1 of 2
A few weeks ago, I had this quite cool, but kind of weird dream. Don't ask me how I remember all the facets of the dream, maybe because it was so weird.
WALL OF TEXT WARNING! Don't go farther if you don't like to read...

The dream begins me waking up from my bed, and I walk on upstairs, where I see a mid-90's green ford taurus pulling up my driveway. I walk over to my mom and ask her who's here (from now on, dialogues, and when someone is speaking, i'll do a different format).

Me: Mom, do you know who that is?
Mom: Yeah, I invited someone over for you to play guitar with.
Me: What's his name?
Mom: I don't know (this is when I realized that I was in a dream)

Anyways, I wander on out, and the stranger is honking the horn on his car, and going around to his trunk and unloads what appears to be guitar cases and stuff like that. I walk up to the stranger. The stranger appears to be in his 20's or 30's (i've always been bad with ages)

Me: Hey, what's up?
Stranger (in obvious english accent): Hey mate, could you help me unload my car?
Me: Sure. *shakes hand with stranger* My name is Wes Salisbury.
Stranger: Eric Clapton... Nice to meet you.

At this moment, i'm assured that it's a dream, but I wanted to see where it went. The guy WAS clapton for sure. He looked exactly like he did on the Bluesbreaker beano album cover. I actually saw the newspaper from the album cover on the passenger seat of his car.

Me: Wait, you're Eric Clapton?
Eric: Yeah! Who else would I be?
Me: Why are you here?
Eric: Your mum invited me over.
Me: All right, you can bring your stuff down to my room.
Eric: Thanks!

So, I help him bring some nice combo amps down to my room. I believed that they were some 18 watt marshalls. along with a strat, a nice sunburst LP, and he brought a nice martin acoustic along.
Once we got everything unloaded and set up in my room, Eric took a seat on my couch and looked over to my peavey classic 50 in the corner.

Eric: Wow! That looks like a nice amp, mind if I try it?
Me: Gave hand gesture for "go ahead". Sure, try it out.
Eric: *plugs in, and hits the opening lick for Layla*. Nice! Mind if I play for a while longer?
Me: I don't mind at all. I'm going to go upstairs out to your car, I think I saw a bag of picks in there, can I have your keys?
Eric: Sure *takes a set of keys out of his pocket and tosses them to me*.

I go upstairs out to his car, and I unlock it and grab the bag of accessories. While I am walking back downstairs, I smell smoke, and a small cloud was billowing from my room. When I open the door, I see that my amp is smoking, and obviously broken.

Eric: Sorry, you amp just fried on me! I'm so sorry.
Me: That's alright, what happened?
Eric: I was playing on it, and when I cranked it up high, I must have did something to break it, then it started smoking and it shut off!
Me: I guess that's fine (I don't understand why I was so cool about it).
Eric: I'm going to make it up to you! I'll go out and buy you a replacement.
Me: Alright, i'll just stay here then.
Eric: See you later!

Eric drives away, and I sit around playing acoustic for about 20 minutes. At that time, I get a call at home.

Me: Hello?
Eric: Hey, I'm at the music store, and I have a couple of combo amps here which I think you'll love. One's an old marshall, one's a fender, and the other is a peavey.
Me (assuming that when he meant old, he meant like 60's): Hmm... I'm thinking the marshall.
Eric: alright, i'll pick that one up then.

Time passes, and Eric pulls back in. He runs inside before I can see the new amp and instructs me to close my eyes while he brings the new amp down to my room and sets it up.

Eric: Ok, open your eyes!

Right there in front of me, was sitting a Marshall MG 30 watt combo. At this moment, I was quite ticked off.

Eric: don't you love it? It's marshall, and I played it and it had CRUSHING overdrive (he actually said that).

Me: ... son of a ...(dream ends)

...Thoughts?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Eric Clapton is a dick.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
MG's not that bad at all?

idk
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
HAHA! made me lol...

sounds like you had one of those dreams where you could've woken up but decided to sleep through it and continue the scenario anyway because it was already such a cool dream or maybe you were just lazy to get up
it happens to me all the time, those dreams i remember the best, i love them
This dream sounds a little farfetched to me.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Well, the reason that it was cool, was that I got to meet Eric Clapton (he seemed really dense. There was this other dream where Eric Johnson came along and kept insulting clapton's tone, that's another story though). It was bad that I wound up getting an MG.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
being that dreams are only flashes of random memories that your mind pieces together as you wake up, the dream didnt actually MEAN anything. you were probably talking to your mom that day, then you listened to some clapton, and you probably played on your peavey.

but if i had to make a moral out of your dream, it would be that mg's suck
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah

Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
damn eric clapton, coming into people's dreams and destroying their amps then replacing them with crapper ones
lmao
thats brilliant
means **** all, you just now own a vengeance against eric clapton for destroying your dream amp
maybe this is like nightmare on elm street?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by GNiCk89
This dream sounds a little farfetched to me.

i once dreamed that an owl with a top-hat, who claimed to be king of the spoons, wanted to marry my sister.

does it still sound farfetched?
?
i recently had a dream about clapton too. he redecorated my house, then gave my mom a strat..
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by 12epi345
i recently had a dream about clapton too. he redecorated my house, then gave my mom a strat..

I bet he painted it the color of various vomits, and your mom doesn't even play guitar.
Seriously, wtf is that ****? "I know your son plays and he would like this, so I'll give it to you instead."
What a jackass.

Edit: For those who don't know, TS is describing a lucid dream. They stay in your memory longer and more detailed than a normal dream.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Last edited by wtf290 at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
i see wut you did thar.

But come on.. how do you remember in so much detail? my dreams dont even tend to last longer than 30 seconds..

That's what I was thinking. Also it flows too perfectly. If I had a dream like this it would be something like, I wake up, all my furniture is big, Eric Clapton is wearing boardshorts, and wants to play Xbox.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
well he was very nice about it. and the house didnt look half bad actually, i think he could have a fallback career if that music thing dosent work out.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
i see wut you did thar.

But come on.. how do you remember in so much detail? my dreams dont even tend to last longer than 30 seconds..

I have a photographic memory. I've had it all my life.
I knew the locations of all the countries when I was 3, I knew all the USA presidents when I was 5, and I would memorize whole chapters of books so I could tell them from memory.
Plus, this dream stood out alot, so I knew everything in detail.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, the reason that it was cool, was that I got to meet Eric Clapton (he seemed really dense. There was this other dream where Eric Johnson came along and kept insulting clapton's tone, that's another story though). It was bad that I wound up getting an MG.

OH OH ! we need to hear the one about Eric Johnson lol.

Please?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
LMAO ERIC CLAPTON BOUGHT AN MG FOR YOU

haha thats pretty funny
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Bostonrocks
OH OH ! we need to hear the one about Eric Johnson lol.

Please?

all in good time my friend. All in good time.
Eh, i'll probably wait until this one fades into obscurity (maybe half an hour?).
There was also this one time where SRV and Robert Johnson showed up (Robert Johnson was in black and white) and battled.
I'll post those some other time though.
I have strange dreams.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I have a photographic memory. I've had it all my life.
I knew the locations of all the countries when I was 3, I knew all the USA presidents when I was 5, and I would memorize whole chapters of books so I could tell them from memory.
Plus, this dream stood out alot, so I knew everything in detail.

Now that is cool. Forget the dream that is plain awesome.
Quote by darkarbiter7
all in good time my friend. All in good time.
Eh, i'll probably wait until this one fades into obscurity (maybe half an hour?).
There was also this one time where SRV and Robert Johnson showed up (Robert Johnson was in black and white) and battled.
I'll post those some other time though.
I have strange dreams.

Man! I think you need to write a book or something your dreams rock rofl....
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by parkerfly123
HAHA! made me lol...

sounds like you had one of those dreams where you could've woken up but decided to sleep through it and continue the scenario anyway because it was already such a cool dream or maybe you were just lazy to get up
it happens to me all the time, those dreams i remember the best, i love them

I've never had one of those dreams.. usually when i realise it's a dream i automatically wake up :s
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i had a dream that jimi hendrix's tour bus broke down at my house and i let him have my car. i also gave him a bunch of modern music i thought he might like.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by apollo718
i had a dream that jimi hendrix's tour bus broke down at my house and i let him have my car. i also gave him a bunch of modern music i thought he might like.

Lol, reminds me of that simpson's episode where Metallica's tour bus broke down and Otto offered them a ride. Then they end up going with moleman because moleman slept with Lar's mom. Good episode.
I'll post up my other dreams sometime later. I noticed that almost all of my dreams are guitar related.
And also, no, I don't think this dream meant that i'm gay for clapton. I think I just remember things too much.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Dreams don't mean anything.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Dreams don't mean anything.

If you dream about have sex with some girl every night probably means you like her.
Or if you dream about mass murdering people every night probably means you're slightly psycho.
Quote by chubbychunks
If you dream about have sex with some girl every night probably means you like her.
Or if you dream about mass murdering people every night probably means you're slightly psycho.

Mmmm, dreams often show your wants or fears.

In this case, the TS fears getting an MG (perhaps he wants one?).
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I had a dream that I was talking to Hillel Slovak on MSN, and he couldn't talk for long because he had a gig in 30 minutes..

RIP
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Quote by chubbychunks

...In general they don't mean anything.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by chubbychunks

you couldnt possibly be more wrong, dreams are completely random. if you dream about having sex with some girl, you probably thought about that girl at some point in the past few days. you could like her, but it has nothing to do with the dream.
and my friend just told me about how he had a dream he tried to murder his dad, he's a completely normal kid, he took two ambien before going to sleep though.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
you couldnt possibly be more wrong, dreams are completely random. if you dream about having sex with some girl, you probably thought about that girl at some point in the past few days. you could like her, but it has nothing to do with the dream.
and my friend just told me about how he had a dream he tried to murder his dad, he's a completely normal kid, he took two ambien before going to sleep though.

What about if he dreamt murdering his dad in the most brutal way possible every night of his life? Would he still be 'normal'?
Quote by rage6945

some dreams aren't normal, they get pushed to the limits, they usually have subtle meanings though
Freud's theory
you dream about stuff you either want or are afraid of, the kid could be afraid of killing his dad, or not like him, like most people don't really like their dads in teenage years
then again, Freud was messed up, so don't quote me on this
Page 1 of 2