I have a Decimator pedal and was wondering if I should put it in the effects loop rather than in front?

thanks
Yup, put it right at the end of your chain, in the loop
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Haven't personally tried it in the loop, but everyone seems to go with it in the front. I have mine in the front and it works great so I've never tried it in the loop.
I know people who say it works best in front and others say that it works best in the FX loop, so try it in both and see what you think
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It depends on what kind of feeback your trying to get rid of.If your trying to get rid of amp feedback and hum, put it in the effects loop. If your trying to get rid of feedback and hum from your effect pedals in front of the amp and your guitar. Put it at the end of your chain in front of hte amp.
^ agreed, but i have no pedals in front of my amp, and still think it sounds best in front of my amp. i guess the simplest thing to do is try both, as yngwi3 says.

Quote by Yngwi3
I know people who say it works best in front and others say that it works best in the FX loop, so try it in both and see what you think

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I run it in front of mine when I use it (really don't need it with my Mark IV), it just didn't seem to do as much in the loop for me *shrug*
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
from what i remember, it killed more noise in the loop, but didn't sound as natural and cut more sustain. my guess is (having not been able to try it both places at once) if you could cut all the noise in front, so that that noise didn't have to be cut in the fx loop, it'd work well in the loop too. but you'd either need two decimators for that, the rackmount version, or the new decimator g-string.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by loonyguitarist
Yup, put it right at the end of your chain, in the loop

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yeah I run it in front of mine when I use it (really don't need it with my Mark IV), it just didn't seem to do as much in the poop for me *shrug*

Fixed/
He doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about. Stop bragging about your Mark quattro. (hahaha)

There aren't too many possibilities. FRONT or END in front of the amp. FRONT or END of chain in the loop. Just try them all.

So what are you actually running? (guitar, effects, amp channel). Let us know what worked best for later references.
Quote by Pabli7o
Fixed/
He doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about. Stop bragging about your Mark quattro. (hahaha)

haha, hey! You're not banned anymore!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^good thing i know you, that would get me warned fo' sho' if you cried to your daddy mod.

Quote by nate23
Haven't personally tried it in the loop, but everyone seems to go with it in the front. I have mine in the front and it works great so I've never tried it in the loop.

Rule 34 anyone?