Do they use the same type of wireing and stuff as emgs? because i was interested in switching the emgs in my hellraiser for them, so i was wondering, could i just use the same emg pots/electronics/etc and just clip the new pickups in there, and then possibly put the blackout wireing and the emg pickups in my other guitar with passives? that way i would only have to redo the electronics of one of my guitars instead of both. would this work?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I'm not sure if anyone on UG has Blackouts. I'm not sure if they use the clip method that EMGs use.

EDIT - i checked the website and they do use the clip method. With the same pots etc. You could try it. But it's not garranteed to work
Actually, you can. They use the same Quik-Connect system as EMGs, so you should be able to put them in without any soldering or messing around.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

i'm willing to bet that they're not that easily swappable.. simply because its 2 different brands and its likely they'll have their own proprietary system of hooking things up.

i could be wrong, but i wouldn't hold my breath.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
They are that easily swappable. Seymour Duncan made them that way for a reason.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

sweet, so if i just installed the duncan pots and wireing in my other guitar, i could then put the emgs in there with the duncan wireing and it would be fine?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Yeah the SD Blackouts have a Quick Connect system, even if it's not compatible (which it should be, although I have this vague recollection someone said it's not compatible) with the EMG one it only takes like 15 minutes and a soldering iron to put them in anyway.

Yeah all active pickups use 25k pots, so you can use the ones you get with the SD Blackouts for your EMGs in your other guitar, or vice versa.

Edit: They're fabulous pickups, I love mine to bits.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Quote by Kivarenn82
i'm willing to bet that they're not that easily swappable.. simply because its 2 different brands and its likely they'll have their own proprietary system of hooking things up.

i could be wrong, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Are you kidding me? Seymour Duncan's plan was for every EMG owner to switch to SD.. Now why would they make it hard to swap them out? Thats right.. They wouldn't.. In fact they would try to make it as easy and as compatible as possible.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II