Sure, there is normal hearing with our ears, but when we actually recall a song previously heard in our minds, we can hear the song. However, we hear nothing.

How is it you can hear without hearing? Its like it simply... is.

The mind is a complicated thing =/.
You can remember the sounds. Your brain plays it back to you in a way that only you can hear. YOU CAN infact hear it, but at the same time you realise it's too farfetched to hear something that's not really happening.
electrical impulses in your brain tell you your thoughts sound like a generic voice
psychology has destroyed my inner child
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Woah, I've never thought of it like that.

I guess your brain can recall the sounds of the song.
But then why can't you're brain recall smell? The only time I can recall a smell is if I smell something that triggers it.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I don't know, I'm confused
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You can remember the sounds. Your brain plays it back to you in a way that only you can hear. YOU CAN infact hear it, but at the same time you realise it's too farfetched to hear something that's not really happening.

wow, I never really thought if about this... How did you know this may I ask?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile

I never questioned it. I talk to myself in my head, too. And I can hear my voice when I do it. The mind is, indeed, a strange thing.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
when you hear sounds from the outside your ears transfer what you sense into electrical impulses that you hear in your mind. so the only difference between hearing a bird chirp in real life and in your head is that your brain skips the translation of outside material, and instead uses something it has stored inside.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by bassist12

I never questioned it. I talk to myself in my head, too. And I can hear my voice when I do it. The mind is, indeed, a strange thing.

I hate that. I can hear my self crystal clear, yet at the same time, I hear silence.
Sound is only received by the ear, It is processed by the brain.

It is possible to have a perfect auditory system and still be deaf because you have a defect in the audio centre of your brain.

You might think you're hearing with your ears, but you're really hearing with your brain, as it interprets the sound.

So you can 'remember' sounds because it's all in your head.
I'm no neurologist, so someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm assuming...

When you hear with your ear, vibrations in the air are detected by the bones in your ear and passed along a nerve in the form of electrical impulses to your brain. Your brain doesn't remember the sounds, but rather the electrical impulses. So when you later come to remember them, your brain just replays the same electrical impulses.
Quote by floppypick
wow, I never really thought if about this... How did you know this may I ask?

I dunno, i made it up.
I philosiphise alot, even though i cant spell it.

I can recall smell btw.. though i wish i couldnt.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Sure, there is normal hearing with our ears, but when we actually recall a song previously heard in our minds, we can hear the song. However, we hear nothing.

How is it you can hear without hearing? Its like it simply... is.

The mind is a complicated thing =/.

Your ears don't hear anything, they just send data to the brain. The data means nothing until it in interpreted. The brain creates the sounds that you "hear". You can think of sight in the same way. Your optic nerve sends electrical impulses to the LGN and then to the striate cortex (and other places), where it is processed and turned into the image that you see. The striate cortex is active during visual dreaming as well, and when it is damaged, people do not experience visual dreams.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by Archeo Avis
Your ears don't hear anything, they just send data to the brain. The data means nothing until it in interpreted. The brain creates the sounds that you "hear".

wrong
you "hear" with your ears, you "listen" with your brain.
but I get what you were trying to say
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
wrong
you "hear" with your ears, you "listen" with your brain.
but I get what you were trying to say

You're turning this into a petty semantic argument. Neurons in the ear send action potentials to the brain. Without the brain, the ear doesn't make sense of anything.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You're turning this into a petty semantic argument. Neurons in the ear send action potentials to the brain. Without the brain, the ear doesn't make sense of anything.

I agree.