Alright I have the Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700 Bass Amp Head, and am about to get a new bass cab. I was thinking about getting a 2x15 with a tweeter for the deepness plus clarity. Does anybody know of any good quality brands other than Hartke that sell these? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I've not seen any other than Hartke, but Hartke's cabs are great. They can definitely take a beating. I'm friends with a bassist that has the same setup and absolutely abuses his cab, which he's had for a while. It still works fine and sounds good (in my hands, at least). I'm probably going to get that same setup once I get some money.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
A 2x15 will be VERY bassy, even with a tweeter. I've got a 1x15 with a tweeter and I find it too bassy for my needs.

Make sure you've played a 2x15 before you buy it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Ya I have a Sam Ash and such, I currently have a 1x15 with no tweeter. It pumps out the bass, but not at the high levels that I need it at (I play in an death metal band). Also it tends to sound muddy with no tweeter. So Im fairly certain of what I want.
If you're finding a 115 too muddy, a 215 with tweeter won't be any better. Try some 12s or 10s - maybe match a 212, 210 or 410 with the 115 you've got. Make sure they've got a head the same as yours in stock or take yours in when you go to try cabs.
Like I said above, I've played through that rig and it's not too muddy. Plenty of bass, definitely. I play metal, too, so it suits my needs. The last time I played it, he had a 2x10 added on and it was pretty good for highs with a 2x10 and two tweeters, as well as lows with the 2x15. I definitely suggest playing through one before buying, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Man, that thing pumps out some low-end...*lusts*
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
That honestly just looks awkward and heavy to me. Totally useless. For your first question I would just recommend getting a 115 and a 210. That'll give you a wide range of sounds and will deliver all the bass you want.
Quote by TSaxnBassist
Ya I think I'll do that, a 2x15 with a 2x10. But I've also seen this, http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PowerhouseCABS/PHbass1200-LG.htm. does anybody have any experience with it? I mean it just looks monstrous with a 1x15 and a 4x10 all in one.

135 lbs. Thats a lot. Thats more than I weigh. And I've promised myself I would never get a cab that weighs more than I do. Saying that, I assume since its an expensive cab, it won't sound bad. I do like how Mesa has made all cabs somewhat transport-friendly. But here's the kicker with that cab: the head will put out less than 500 watts to it (I believe). Thats not even half of the cab's 1200 watt power. Now there's nothing inherently bad about that, but IMO you don't need a cab that will be that underpowered.
Quote by IndianRockStar
135 lbs. Thats a lot. Thats more than I weigh. And I've promised myself I would never get a cab that weighs more than I do. Saying that, I assume since its an expensive cab, it won't sound bad. I do like how Mesa has made all cabs somewhat transport-friendly. But here's the kicker with that cab: the head will put out less than 500 watts to it (I believe). Thats not even half of the cab's 1200 watt power. Now there's nothing inherently bad about that, but IMO you don't need a cab that will be that underpowered.

Nah thats fine by me, I've got the man power to move myself, but I can't find a price for it. It's not listed on zzounds, musiciansfriend, guitarcenter, or samash.com. I'd expect it to be expensive, but I just want to know how much. Also my head puts out 700watts, so although I'll still be under-powering it, it leaves me room for upgrades later on if I so desire. Plus everything that I've seen so far it over-powers it. So I guess I'd rather use all of its power with room to spare rather than to being constricted in power.
Quote by TSaxnBassist
Nah thats fine by me, I've got the man power to move myself, but I can't find a price for it. It's not listed on zzounds, musiciansfriend, guitarcenter, or samash.com. I'd expect it to be expensive, but I just want to know how much. Also my head puts out 700watts, so although I'll still be under-powering it, it leaves me room for upgrades later on if I so desire. Plus everything that I've seen so far it over-powers it. So I guess I'd rather use all of its power with room to spare rather than to being constricted in power.

Yeah my mistake your amp does put out 700. As for the availability of Mesa, I don't know anyone who is an authorized dealer on the net. But for the price of that cab, you'll be spending at least 1000 USD