I have a mesa f-100, and i was wondering how much tighter and punchier would say a ibanez TS-9 make it (i want something to trade my old amp for!)
Or would it not make much difference, if it does, what kind of difference in sound would i get?
Go try it out. Bring your amp and guitar to a store, plug some different ODs in. Every OD has a different feel and sound. Generally when people tighten up their amps with ODs they put the gain all the way down on the pedal and the tone and mix knob at noon. So go try some out and see if you like it. It helped with my recto a loooot.
would be a good idea, shame my head (inside flightcase) weighes about the same as the moon though, and there isnt a car park near the shops around me. Although the only good OD my shop sells is the TS-9, so if i dont like it i could always take it back.
Quote by Say Ocean
Go try it out. Bring your amp and guitar to a store, plug some different ODs in. Every OD has a different feel and sound. Generally when people tighten up their amps with ODs they put the gain all the way down on the pedal and the tone and mix knob at noon. So go try some out and see if you like it. It helped with my recto a loooot.

Really? I bought a Bad Monkey for my F- 30 and I didn't think it made much of a difference at all. With the gain rolled down on the clean channel it gave me a nice, almost creamy OD, but it was nothing that couldn't be replicated by turning up the gain. All I really felt it did on the lead channel was give me a bunch of feedback, so I ended up returning it.
i was just wondeing because with the mesa, when u put a LOT of gain in, it becomes fuzzy, and you loose clarity, but i was thinking maybe with a OD i could get an extra bit of gain, without loosing the clarity.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Really? I bought a Bad Monkey for my F- 30 and I didn't think it made much of a difference at all. With the gain rolled down on the clean channel it gave me a nice, almost creamy OD, but it was nothing that couldn't be replicated by turning up the gain. All I really felt it did on the lead channel was give me a bunch of feedback, so I ended up returning it.

Well every amp responds differently as well. The recto is a lot looser than the F-30 so that is probably it
Quote by vitchb
i was just wondeing because with the mesa, when u put a LOT of gain in, it becomes fuzzy, and you loose clarity, but i was thinking maybe with a OD i could get an extra bit of gain, without loosing the clarity.

Well, as SO said, give it a try. You could always return the pedal if you don't like it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
A TS-9 always sounded more like a gain/solo boost and less of an OD to me, I guess I always found them rather thin sounding. I would reccomend getting a cmatmods Signadrive, or a Fulltone ocd, or an EQ pedal to equalize the frequencies.
i used my bad monkey with my 6505 and it made a huge difference. But its all about how you use it. i rolled the gain down on my overdrive channel a little bit and then added some of the bad monkey gain... almost half way up. And i got that good saturated gain that I like. That I couldn't get from the amp alone. All I could get the amp to do was that crunchy almost saturated gain. The bad monkey made it more tolerable. But I hate that damn amp now. glad I got something better.