Ok, so I got the urge to try the 18v mod today. I recently "jacked" a 18v connector from school so I had the stuff to do it.

I connected it in series. After it was connected I tested it by plugging the battery in while my guitar was plugged in to see if it made the usual popping sound of putting the battery in.

Ok so heres my impression on the differences.

With the 18v mod the sound is quite noticeably clearer. It sounds less like theres a pillow in front of the amp and the notes ring out clearer, closer to what passive pickups sound. The output does sound increased slightly. The notes sound significantly more powerful when played. It sounds a lot better for clean stuff.

It's worth the 10 minutes of work. And theres really no chance of you screwing up on it. Just connect it series and try it.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Sorry what exactly have you modded?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Oh sorry, I modded my Schecter Hellraiser C-1

Guitars:
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Did you do the 18v mod with EMG's or Blackouts?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I put it where all of the wiring is at. Just taped the battery in there. I play on getting a bit of foam or something to hold the battery in better.

Quote by DSOTM80
Did you do the 18v mod with EMG's or Blackouts?

EMG 81/85's

Guitars:
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

I'll make a clip tomorrow. I have some before clips basically so I play on doing some tomorrow.

Guitars:
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Someone else posted clips that I found, it really does sound like taking a pillow off the front of your amp.