hello

im from sweden and i am looking at a couple of universities in great britain. Edinburgh has caught my eye and i am wondering, how hard is it to get in? Ive been looking at edinburgh's website and the requirements listed are to say the least, really vague...

I've got a and 18.5 grade average (the scale goes from 10 to 20) which is like mostly A's and a few B's thrown in there and im wondering if this lives up to the requirements of edinburgh...

any input on this matter is greatly appreciated

cheers
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
It depends on what subject you want to take. Bu if you're getting A's and B's you'll be fine.

I've heard good things about it.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
i was gonna go to edinburgh

but then i didnt...

awsome story there, hope you enjoyed it
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
most of their courses require b's if i remember correctly
MASSIVE TEXT
if you want to do medicine at edinburgh, you need 7 A*s at GCSE before they even look at you
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ok cool... been planning on taking business studies and more specifically finanace.

anyone know if their business program is good?
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if you want to do medicine at edinburgh, you need 7 A*s at GCSE before they even look at you

****.... wow
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

Serious? I was thinking about going there and I only got 5. That couldn't be right, you only need AAAb in your A levels, compared to a lot of places which look for AAAa for medicine...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

i say i have to agree, 7A*s seems rather unlikely.. but then again idk..

not that it worries to me, me and chemistry get along about as well as Nicholas Cage and acting do.
Quote by bluesmaster
ok cool... been planning on taking business studies and more specifically finanace.

anyone know if their business program is good?

If you want to do that kind of course in Scotland I believe the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow is supposed to be the best in Scotland.

I'd do some research.
Wow...the highest highschool grade i got was a C, college 1 merit one destinction, would never have gotten in lol
Highest person i know got 14 A*'s...far as i know thats the max.
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

I don't know how english qualifications match up to Scottish, but it's rare for Glasgow medical school to accept anyone with less than 5 higher As (out of 5) at 1st sitting without an absolutely glowing reference.
Quote by yam
when are you thinking of applying? for 2009?

yep
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
I just got an unconditional for economics and accounting at edinburgh, with AAABB in my highers, though the minimum requirements were fairly low, only BBBB or something. I may go to st andrews instead
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I have no chance of ever getting into said University as I sat no highers even though I stayed on for 5th year.

You said any input so there you go, uselesss information very vaguley associated to the matter
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
They are in the Russell group, which is the UK equivalent of the Ivy league

whilst its actual prospectus grades may seem low for a Russell group uni they are an incredibly popular uni and all courses are oversubscribed, so you need more than just grades, a glowing recomendation and decent out of school activities

It's also my firm choice for this year I got a nice easy BBB offer bwahahahaha