it a'ight for the money. I used it and it wasn't bad. nice diverse effects.
Ive never tried the G1 but i have a similar zoom model...

Its not very practical when gigging, and the effects for the mostpart aren't going to be/sound as good as they would be from mutiple stomp boxes, but in bedroom practice when you want to play around with effects or use one from a song you like its okay for it...
I have the G1X and it's really good. It's ok for giging if you set it up with the patches you need next to each other. Nice little toy.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
I ahve it and it ROCKS!! But i would definately reccommend getting the G1X.
Hello
I had a Zoom (G2) and though it was great........for about one week.

Then I realised that it was horribly digital. Sold it after 2 weeks and got me a new amp.
I have a Zoom G1, it's ok for for the price, considering how many effects there are. But I don't like it that much, it's too "digital" for me, and it doesn't really sound that good (only that might just be my crappy amp). So i'm now saving up for a pocket pod, which looks way better, and the sounds seem really good as well, there's much more variety, with actual amp models, not just cheap distortion and stuff like that. The main thing that bugs me about it is that there doesn't seem to be much difference between one sound and the other. So if you're gonna get a cheapish multi effects pedal or something, go for the pocket pod!
I've got the G1X and it's good for practicing at home messing about with various effects and stuff. And for the money I paid it does the job very well.
I have the Zoom 505 II

It is a good pedal, although mine has started switching itself on and off randomly when I'm using it, which turns it back to the first effect. So yeah that gets annoying, especially when playing with the band in the middle of a song.

But yeah it's good .

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by Stuarttt-1
I have the Zoom 505 II

It is a good pedal, although mine has started switching itself on and off randomly when I'm using it, which turns it back to the first effect. So yeah that gets annoying, especially when playing with the band in the middle of a song.

But yeah it's good .

Sound like a bad power connection somewhere. When the power is interrupted it resets to default.
I have the G1X...its great, a little digital sounding, but it still works if you need an effect for a specific song...I gig with it once a week and haven't had any problems so far.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
its pretty good if it's for home practice..probably worth getting the G1X(basically a G1 with a expression pedal) though..also check out the G2.1u
its awesome for the money. the effects are top notch and though the models aren't as good they are still very decent. It beats any korg and line 6 pedal i have tried and might even be better than the boss me50 i used to own though i would say its not as easy to use though it is still easy.