Im interested in buying this amp. I think its a hybrid from what i've read, and its got a lot of on board effects. But i was wondering, is 50 watts enough for practising, jamming, recording, and some gigging? It has a tube in the preamp, so wont it make it louder than most 50 watt SS amps?

And does it suit my style? I play hendrix, rhcp, stevie ray, pink floyd, etc.
Yea, go for it. I think modelling amps cover blues/classic rock genres very good, its metal where they dont quite have it imo.

The 50 watter will cover your needs just perfect and you can always mike at a gig if need be.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
the 50 is plenty for getting over drums, my ad30vt will do it at about 7/8's volume.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
it's a plenty power amp at 50 watts but i'm owner of a AD50VT-XL so there's a big difference in the XL and Regular versions of the Valvetronix amps.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
the thing is that im buying it off a person second hand, and he said that it is about 2 years old and hes never gigged with it. the thing is, doesnt this thing have a tube in it? should i be worried of the tube being worn out or something?
Tube should be fine after 2 years.
I own a AD50VT and it gets VERY loud I can assure you that.
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild
Quote by lukeswits
Im interested in buying this amp. I think its a hybrid from what i've read, and its got a lot of on board effects. But i was wondering, is 50 watts enough for practising, jamming, recording, and some gigging? It has a tube in the preamp, so wont it make it louder than most 50 watt SS amps?

And does it suit my style? I play hendrix, rhcp, stevie ray, pink floyd, etc.

i have this amp
its a great amp. especially as an upgrade from a beginner amp,but for the price, you can find used peavey classic 30s, and i think itd be better for you.
by the way, great taste in music

but if you do like the valvetronix, check out www.valvetronix.net

but again, you could get a nice classic 30 for like 350$ check craigslist
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!