hello guys!

I played acoustic guitar for quite a long time and started playing electric guitar some time ago.

I`ve been using my friends squier for some and even jammed with friends, but lately I`ve been thinking of upgrading to a better guitar. I figured out I want something with humbuckers. Now I went to my local guitar dealer and the only ones I tried within my budget and liked is the Ibanez rg1570 and gibson sg special faded(worn cherry). Both around the 700 euros. Both felt differently but both good. I liked the rg neck but the sg felt more solid. Can someone give me adivce? Right now my choice is leanning towards the sg
The RG1570. Hands down the better guitar out of the two.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
wow, um.. the sg is a rip off,

check the internet
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
definitely the rg1570.... its alot more verstile imo
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
In all honesty, the Faded SG isn't good. At all.

The RG1570 on the other hand is a quality instrument.

You might have to adjust to having a floating bridge, but if you read the manual/look online/use common sence, you should be fine.

Quote by jake911
Rg1570

Wait!? Do you even have a amp picked out yet?

If you haven't, go for something like a Roland Cube or a Vox of some sort; they're pretty cheap and they should last you a while.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well first u need an amp if already dont have one, but yeah definetly the RG
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by PumpkinPieces
The RG is better but if you're aching for an SG save up for a standard.

+1
Also this is depends greatly on what kind of music do you play.
The Cats are out in town.
Kat Gear
Crybaby Wah
Whammy pedal
Ibanez SZ520
Zakk Wylde MXR Overdrive
Vox AD30VT
MXR Distortion III
Taylor acoustic.
Yamaha Pacifica 102
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Hey guys Im back again.

Well about the amp, I have a roland cube 60

As you guys advised I actually made mind of buying the rg1570, so I went to the store again but actually had some time and had my eyes on the fender tele 72 dlx(the one with 2 humbuckers). I test it out a bit and liked it. So I'm back here again without making a choice >_<.

Oh btw I forgot to mention but I mostly play rock and punk
RG1570 for me.
SG's are nice though.

Don't get a tele! I hate them but that's just my opinion.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
well thing with the rg1570 is...eventhough everyone recommended it to me, and I don't dislike the sound or anything, it just feels too light or small, I rather be playing on something more heavy and bulky
neither. gibson lp studio.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
I'd go with the Ibanez. Far more versatile and its actually a great guitar. You'd probably be more comfortable with the SG. The neck on that is the one that is gonna be most like an acoustic so that will feel good and natural to you.

Up to you though.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by greggybhoy
Better amp first.

the guy doesn't even own his own electric, and the one he's using is a Squier, plus he has a roland cude, so he needs to get a guitar first.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Tsen
well thing with the rg1570 is...eventhough everyone recommended it to me, and I don't dislike the sound or anything, it just feels too light or small, I rather be playing on something more heavy and bulky

Heavy and bulky might seem manly now, but you'll regret it in 20 years when you have to go to the chiropractor every day.

Heavy guitars are NOT fun in live situations when you have an hour set and the strap is digging in to your shoulder.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Tsen
Hey guys Im back again.

Well about the amp, I have a roland cube 60

As you guys advised I actually made mind of buying the rg1570, so I went to the store again but actually had some time and had my eyes on the fender tele 72 dlx(the one with 2 humbuckers). I test it out a bit and liked it. So I'm back here again without making a choice >_<.

Oh btw I forgot to mention but I mostly play rock and punk

its not a 72 dlx if it has 2 HBs its a tele '72 thinline and its a reissue(i almost bought one(beautiful guitars eh?)
and it will handle rock and punk well.
the sg faded from hat ive heard is crappy and i dont really like ibanez so id go with the teles as they are sexy
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by PumpkinPieces
The RG is better but if you're aching for an SG save up for a standard.

+1

If you really want an SG, get a Standard. The Sg Faded Special is crap, terrible guitar. Even a higher end Epiphone would be better than that.

I'd go for the RG out of the two.