Some songs I would like to learn require a 24th fret. Just my luck I don't have a 24th fret. Is there an alternative to this?
Bending the 22nd fret a whole step, or the 21st a step and a half (whichever is your highest fret). Alternatively you could play a pinch harmonic where the twenty-fourth fret would be, while fretting the twelfth fret.
You could invest in a guitar with 24 frets.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
There's a couple of songs I play that require 24 frets that I get around by playing a natural harmonic where the 24th fret would be. You've gotta be pretty nippy to get it into some runs though, and it can spaz up your playing a bit.
I found in the past that on some guitars you can press the string against a pole piece on the neck pickup and get a note close to the 24th. Obviously you've gotta have the bridge pickup selected for this.
^ yeah, or try a pinch harmonic at the 12th, it'll have a different tone but same pitch. Everything else so far will work too.
Signature temporarily empty
If the notes are on any string other than the high E string, you can simply move the notes to a lower fret on a higher string. For instance, the 24th fret on the B string is the same as the 19th fret of the high E string.
yeah, or try a pinch harmonic at the 12th, it'll have a different tone but same pitch.

Too unreliable. It would depend on exactly where you're picking.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Play a natural harmonic where the 24th fret would be.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Archeo Avis
Too unreliable. It would depend on exactly where you're picking.

Which is why I said 12th fret and RH at the place where the 24th should be, as that would increase it an octave, thus making the same pitch as the 12th.
Transpose the piece down by a whole step?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.