Page 1 of 2
Drug thread.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
should these repetitive threads be allowed?

some say there not as bad as their made out to be

but to answer ur question, of course it should be
Yeah, and heavily tax sales of cannabis, and pass that on to people in the form of tax cuts.
That way people who don't smoke get more money, and everyones happy.
first marijuana, then what next? if they legalize marijuana, people would probably complain that their drug wasn't legalized. at least that's what i could see happening. personally i don't care, i don't smoke it.
No.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
yeah, i dont see a problem with it.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
me gusta weed
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
And get taxed by the Government?? **** that ****. Let's keep a dime $10 please.
Sure.

Coming from a teetotaler, I can't think of a logical reason not to.

EDIT: And yes, legalized. Taxed and everything.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Mar 9, 2008,
yes. If the government are so concerned about our health they should ban cigarettes and alcohol too.
"Yes, becuase then pothead kids would have nothing to talk about. Seriously, you are so fucking annoying. Most people don't see me taking this angle, but I do... with some force. Grow up and do coke like an adult."

-Daniel Tosh

In serious: Yes, and then tax the living hell out of it. That's what they do with alcohol. You want to end the countries deficits and bad economies, a 30% sin tax on blow would do it.
Quote by lawinnn
And get taxed by the Government?? **** that ****. Let's keep a dime $10 please.

when people say they want it legalized, most of the time they really want it decriminalized, so that it wouldnt be marketed, just legal to posess.
and forget dimes, if it was decriminalized i'd have like four plants growing in my basement, FO FREE
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Get a job and a hobby. Perferably some kind of sport.
The heavy-tax idea sounds good though.
Quote by drumpat
Get a job and a hobby. Perferably some kind of sport.
The heavy-tax idea sounds good though.

i've held multiple jobs, i swim, and in my free time i play just about every other sport for fun.
oh yea guitar is a hobby too, along with all the other instruments i play.
why not all these things AND weed?
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
not it should not be legalized.

it should be decriminalized. i don't want the government or corporations touching my weed or taxing it.
for those who say that weed isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be.....any proof?

and no i don't think it should be legalized.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
for those who say that weed isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be.....any proof?

Any proof that it is? Its about as damaging as smoking, and way way way less damaging than binge drinking.
Why should alcohol be legal but pot not?
I think we should follow the Netherlands' approach:
It's where they make marijuana legal and control it and the criminal activity caused by it as opposed to making it illegal. Back there it's actually working since (proportionally) pretty much everything related to drugs is lower than in the US. Freedom, pl0x. That's the way to go in my opinion...
I'm just going to post this blog I have from a different site.
Yes, I am aware that I overused the word hell in it.

Paddy thinks about... Drugs and why we should legalize them.
First of all. I am not, nor have I ever been, a drug user. Hell I barely even drink tea.This is not due to any objection about drugs themselves, hell I've no doubt that they're heaps of fun. I just can't bring myself to do them due to the guilt that I'd be funding organized crime, but hey, if you want to do them go ahead I won't judge you (would you really care if I did)
However I am of the opinion that the government should LEGALIZE DRUGS.

Why I hear you ask?
For the following reasons.
1. It has the handy advantage of taking the drugs from the hand of organized crime
Currently all drugs bought in this country are shipped in here illegally and sold by drug barons who, lets face it, are not very nice people. They then take the millions of euros they make from selling this stuff and use it to buy guns. Guns have the nasty side effect of killing people. The decriminalization of drugs would mean that they have no more money. People aren't going to buy drugs from these bastards when they can get them legally which means the drugs barons have no more income which means they lose most of their power which means less dead police men.
2. Higher quality and regulation means less deaths
Lets face it, the guys making this stuff aren't exactly A grade chemistry students. Any white powder is fine to them. These drugs are cut with awful bloody stuff. Weed is often cut with glass, Coke with anything white, I don;t know what they cut heroin with but it's generally carried into the country in a guys rectum which can't be good and you don't even want to know what goes into pills. Often it is these substances which cause deaths rather than the drug.
Another advantage is that there will be quality control. A big problem for users is that dosages can be hard to measure as the strength of the stuff varies. This causes many ODs. Legalization would end this.
3. Taxes will pay for any health problems
This one is quite simple. Drugs do cause health problems but they will do that regardless of being illegal. At least if they were legalized we could use the tax on them to help pay for health care for those who they **** up, hell we might even be able to pay for rehab. Which is another thing, people can be scared to go to rehab as they're admitting to committing a crime, legalization would get rid of this problem
4. There is no evidence to suggest that numbers of users will rise
Why would they? Will you do it just cause it's legal?
People don't not do heroin etc because they're scared of being caught by the police, they don;t do it because they don't want to be drug addicts. Giving handjobs on the street for drug money and dying from an OD at age 33 isn't most people's ambition. Hell even now if people want to do drugs they can. The legality or illegality of the substance makes no difference. In Britain weed usage fell by 3% when the punishments for possession were lowered. The same happened in the Netherlands. At least if they were legal we could deal with the problem.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=28595
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/10/25/survey_marijuana_use_falls_in_britain/1191/

5. The war on drugs doesn't work
Hell for this one we've even got a ready made experiment. Prohibition in America didn't work. Sure there were a hell of a lot of depressed people around but they still got their hands on alcohol (even if drinking it made them blind)
About all prohibition did was gain a ****load of money for gangsters like Al Capone. Good job. Why are we copying this with current drug legislation? Hell, everyone can still get the stuff, it's just not working, plus it's costing boatloads of money and taking up prison space
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Waterboy799

=/ well....i smoke everyday for about 3 years now....and i'm actually one of the smartest in my geometry class...which is my homeroom and i walk there lit everyay.
It actually gets me really focused on whatever im doing. It could be due to the fact i smoke 24/7 and my body is use to it.....
other than that...i have no proof...
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
Quote by agreth_3rd
no, stoners are ****ing annoying

So when you smoke weed you instantly become annoying? That's a really dumb statement.
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Mar 9, 2008,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm just going to post this blog I have from a different site.
Yes, I am aware that I overused the word hell in it.

*Yadda yadda*

What in the fuck?

Do you seriously think that OD's and drug barons have something to do with weed ?
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']What in the fuck?

Do you seriously think that OD's and drug barons have anything to do with weed ?
Actually it has to do with all drugs.

Barons do have to do with weed. In Ireland the drug barons make the vast majority of their money on cannabis and cocaine.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Nope, it should not. In fact, the laws against it should be made much more harsh. Make anyone caught with marijuana either serve a month jail time, or do 200 hours of community service.

Marijuana creates failures. I know that for a fact, because I see it every day. The city I live in has massive problems with these dumbass druggies.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Wikipedia
Health issues

Main article: Health issues and the effects of cannabis

Whilst some studies and tests have proven inconclusive,[45]a recent study by the Canadian government found cannabis contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke. It contained 20 times more ammonia, (a carcinogen) and five times more of hydrogen cyanide (which can cause heart disease) and of nitrogen oxides, (which can cause lung damage) than tobacco smoke.[46] Cannabis use has been linked to psychosis by several peer-reviewed studies. A 1987 Swedish study claiming a link between cannabis use and schizophrenia was criticized for not differentiating between cannabis use and the use of other narcotics, and its results have not been verified by other studies. More recently, the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study published research showing an increased risk of psychosis for cannabis users with a certain genetic predisposition, held by 25% of the population.[47]

In July 2007, British medical journal The Lancet published a study that indicates that cannabis users have, on average, a 41% greater risk of developing psychosis than non-users. The risk was most pronounced in cases with an existing risk of psychotic disorder, and was said to grow up to 200% for the most-frequent users.[48][49][50]

Although long terms effects of cannabis use is polarised in the scientific community preventing any firm consensus of its effects, short term effects are well documented. Effects such as short-term memory and attention loss, loss of motor skills and dexterity, reduced reaction time, and lower abilities to perform skilled activities can be hazardous to human life if combined with potentially hazardous activities such as driving. Cannabis use can also lead to anxiety and panic reactions. There is also evidence that some of the above effect can become permanent with heavy usage [51]

Multiple studies have shown that chronic heavy cannabis smoking is associated with increased symptoms of chronic bronchitis, such as coughing, production of sputum, and wheezing. Lung function is also significantly poorer and there is a significantly greater amount of abnormalities in the large airways of marijuana smokers than in non-smokers.[52] [53][54].

All of these health issues can potentially be exacerbated by a cannabis dependence syndrome [55].

Relationship with other drugs

Since its origin in the 1950s, the "gateway drug" hypothesis has been one of the central pillars of cannabis drug policy in the United States. The argument is that people, upon trying cannabis for the first time and not finding it dangerous, are then tempted to try other, harder drugs. This model of cause and effect has been debated.[56] Some argue that the purported relationship between marijuana and more illicit drugs, as proposed by the "gateway theory," is methodologically flawed. A common argument is that a new user of cannabis who doesn't find it dangerous will see the difference between public information regarding the drug and their own experiences, and apply this distrust to public knowledge of other, more powerful drugs. Some studies support the "gateway drug" model.[57] An example from 2007: A stratified, random sample of 1943 adolescents was recruited from secondary schools across Victoria, Australia, at age 14–15 years. This cohort was interviewed on eight occasions until the age of 24–25 years. At age 24 years, 12% of the sample had used amphetamines in the past year, with 1–2% using at least weekly. Young adult amphetamine use was predicted strongly by adolescent drug use and was associated robustly with other drug use and dependence in young adulthood. Associations were stronger for more frequent users. Among young adults who had not been using amphetamines at age 20 years, the strongest predictor of use at age 24 years was the use of other drugs, particularly cannabis, at 20 years.[58] Those who were smoking cannabis at the age of 15 were as much as 15 times more likely to be using amphetamines in their early 20s.[59]

Analysts have hypothesized that the illegal status of cannabis is a possible cause of a gateway drug effect, reasoning that cannabis users are likely to become acquainted with people who use and sell other illegal drugs in order to acquire cannabis. But it is said that Marijuana is not as harmful or addicting as any other drug.[60][61] Some contend that by this argument, alcohol and tobacco may also be regarded as gateway drugs. Studies have shown that tobacco smoking is a better predictor of concurrent illicit hard drug use than smoking cannabis.[62]
Comparison of dependency vs. physical harm for 20 drugs as estimated by an article in The Lancet
Comparison of dependency vs. physical harm for 20 drugs as estimated by an article in The Lancet

A current doctoral thesis from Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, on the neurobiological effects of early life cannabis exposure, gives support for the cannabis gateway hypothesis in relation to adult opiate abuse. THC exposed rats showed increased motivation for opiate drug use under conditions of stress. However, the cannabis exposure did not correlate to amphetamine use.[63]

A study[64] published in The Lancet on 24 March 2007 was twenty drugs were assigned a risk from zero to three. Dr. David Nutt et al. asked medical, scientific and legal experts to rate 20 different drugs on nine parameters:

* Physical harm (Acute, Chronic, and Intravenous harm)
* Dependence (Intensity of pleasure, Psychological dependence, Physical dependence)
* Social harms (Intoxication, Other social harms, Health-care costs)

Cannabis was ranked seventeenth of twenty for mean physical harm score and eleventh for mean dependence score. Not shown is the mean social harm score, which rated ninth, in a tie with Amphetamine.

Poly drug use is not unusual among established users; statistics from Spain show that cannabis users aged 15 -34 also used amphetamine (9%), ecstasy (11%) or cocaine (18%) the same year.[65] Aggression and violent outbursts can occur with benzodiazepines when they are combined with cannabis.

and i use wiki because it was the first one i found, i could show you more if you like. alcohol was once made illegal back in the 1920's if you know anything about history, but was made legal again because of the blow it had on the economy as well as the angry folk who liked to drink.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Liberation
Nope, it should not. In fact, the laws against it should be made much more harsh. Make anyone caught with marijuana either serve a month jail time, or do 200 hours of community service.

Why?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Page 1 of 2