So maybe I'm an idiot, or I need to learn more theory. But every time I try to set up my Boss HR-2 harmonist, it does not sound correct. Even if I play the same riff switching through all keys and all intervals, nothing sounds like the "harmony" that I'm trying to play. There is always something that isn't correct.

Which way does it work? Do I pick the key I want the pedal to play, and then the interval from whatever note I'm playing to harmonize?

Or, do I play in the key that is selected, and select the intervals that I want the pedal to play based on what I'm playing?

Either way, I feel that it's rather limited because the notes don't turn out correctly. What if I switch modes during a solo, which I frequently do?

How can I get this pedal to play a harmonized lead that sounds correct?

Please, with advice, don't ask me what key I'm playing in. I've tested it with all the scales I can muster, and have played in all keys with all the settings.
Quote by blackreign
So maybe I'm an idiot, or I need to learn more theory. But every time I try to set up my Boss HR-2 harmonist, it does not sound correct. Even if I play the same riff switching through all keys and all intervals, nothing sounds like the "harmony" that I'm trying to play. There is always something that isn't correct.

Which way does it work? Do I pick the key I want the pedal to play, and then the interval from whatever note I'm playing to harmonize?

Or, do I play in the key that is selected, and select the intervals that I want the pedal to play based on what I'm playing?

Either way, I feel that it's rather limited because the notes don't turn out correctly. What if I switch modes during a solo, which I frequently do?

How can I get this pedal to play a harmonized lead that sounds correct?

Please, with advice, don't ask me what key I'm playing in. I've tested it with all the scales I can muster, and have played in all keys with all the settings.

I kinda wondered the same thing with the PS-5 that i played.
Perhaps get a digitech whammy. i think you just choose how far you want it to go up, ie:5th, 7th.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I had the whammy before, but got rid of it because it sounded horrible with my JVM. I thought the HR-2 was supposed to be an "intelligent" harmonizer, but it really doesn't seem to do any different than the Whammy. Thanks for the suggestion though.
None of Boss' harmonizers work very well.

I'd hock it and get an EHX POG or something along those lines.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Oddly enough, I bought a POG before buying the Boss harmonist. I guess I'll try to sell the Boss. Good thing I am keeping the POG forever, and got it for $279 brand new.

Anyone want to buy a Boss HR-2 for $100?
those are stupid - you can change from major to minor (easily or not at all)
those are stupid

What is stupid? The pedal? Options? Me?

- you can change from major to minor

On the pedal? Or do you mean I can switch from major to minor while playing and it stays sounding right?

(easily or not at all)

Dude...what?

Or did you mean the pedal is stupid for harmonies because you CAN'T change from major to minor while playing? Meaning I can't switch what I'm playing, or I can't switch on the pedal?

Seriously, this got me way more confused.

Who owns or has used this pedal that can tell me how it's supposed to work???
do you seriously want to sell it? I might be Very interested
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by blackreign
Oddly enough, I bought a POG before buying the Boss harmonist. I guess I'll try to sell the Boss. Good thing I am keeping the POG forever, and got it for $279 brand new.

Anyone want to buy a Boss HR-2 for $100?

Good choice. EHX r00lz.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece