ok so the bass player in my band and i having been having an argument for the past few months as to weather or not it is possible to yell into your guitar pick ups and have it come through the guitar amp. anyone who has seen silverchair or brand new play live will know what i'm talking about. well he thinks its impossible and claims that the guitars have mics on them does anyone know the answer?
you need lots and lots of gain and volume. but yes, it is possible. no, the guitars do not have mics on them.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
If they're badly potted it works better.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
i do it all the time, and it works beter to put the pickup against your throat
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
no it will work, but yeah if the pickups are crappy it works better
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
....and he plays bass therefore he knows nothing
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
^

too far.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Pickups are in essence microphones so it is very possible. The throat near the strings or pickups is also a good idea so that the pickups can pick up the vocal chord vibrations
yeah, i've seen a video on youtube of alexi laiho screaming in his pickup and it came thru his amp
Quote by XgamerGt04
Pickups are in essence microphones so it is very possible. The throat near the strings or pickups is also a good idea so that the pickups can pick up the vocal chord vibrations

No they aren't, pups are actually very very small electronic generators.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Claudio Sanchez does it live all the time.
Member #16 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join
^'doooon't letttt them scaaarerrre yoooouuuuu'

i remember seeing that on a live coheed video that i watched over and over, back in the days before youtube when live videos were tough to find...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No they aren't, pups are actually very very small electronic generators.

I know that, however in essence they work similar to a microphone by using vibrations to produce and amplify sounds.
Quote by XgamerGt04
I know that, however in essence they work similar to a microphone by using vibrations to produce and amplify sounds.

Not really still. Microphones vary in how they pick it up. None use electromagnetism to the extent of my knowledge. Guitar pickups use electromagnets.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Not really still. Microphones vary in how they pick it up. None use electromagnetism to the extent of my knowledge. Guitar pickups use electromagnets.

Actually it is still electromagnetism but it works differently; I suppose now that I think about it they are kind of similar but not that similar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.