So as the title says i wana get rid of the hum from the amp, i dont use any pedals with this amp its just guitar to amp.
So can anyone help me to cut down or get rid of the Hum but keep that awesome sound?
Cheers for any advice or help!
yeh i want to keep the high gain.just cutting the hum down to the point where u can only just hear it would be good. what noise reduction pedals would u recomend?
So get a noise reduction pedal.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
get the isp. I use the hush pedal with my 6505 and it works. But still this amp is noisy. Even with the really good noise gates theres always hum from that mother ****er. I basicaly hate the amp now and am going to sell it tomorrow. My 333 kills it.
cheers paranormal, ur right they are noisy, but i dont mind that too much, i just wana cut down the noise so its a little more bearable, looks like i'll start looking for an ISP then.
The ISP doesn't remove the hum just quiets it. If you don't mind tone sucking get a Boss NS-2, but if you want quieter amp with less tone sucking get the ISP.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
my 6505 is quiet as a mouse with the NS-2 in front of it. Before I used my OD to boost it, i had my gain on like 6-7. A noise gate will help.
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
Consider investing in some low noise preamp tubes. At the very least put something like an ECC803S in the V1 position.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
the pickup seems to matter too. I got more hum with my active pickups than I did with my passive pickups.
Quote by paranormal5150
get the isp. I use the hush pedal with my 6505 and it works. But still this amp is noisy. Even with the really good noise gates theres always hum from that mother ****er. I basicaly hate the amp now and am going to sell it tomorrow. My 333 kills it.

Man, how many times have you told us your 333 kills your 6505 the last couple of days?

Anyways, on topic, the you can't hear the hum when playing anyways, so don't really bother cutting it out. And remember that the louder you go the less gain you use.

^Paranormal, the reason why you are getting that is probably because of the higher output from you actives, resulting in more gain in the signal. Remember that active pickups are quieter than passive.
Quote by Dores
Remember that active pickups are quieter than passive.

Isnt it the otherway around?
Quote by Chaosinborn
Isnt it the otherway around?

No, actives are more quiet than passives. That's one of the reasons actives are used at all I believe (although not the only reason). They pick up less interference because of the lower powered magnets or something, and when that signal gets amplified by the batteries, it still has less "noise".
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.