Hey, I'm looking for a new guitar, it shouldn't be more than..let's say $600 (American)

If the genre I play matters, I play Classic Rock - Modern Rock.

Thanks.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Hrm, I have to say a nice MIM strat with some decent pickups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by hell_monkey
epiphone les paul custom?

probably your best bet
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Well, I like the way Les Pauls look...and the way Fenders look...o.0

Also, I like both those recommendations..it'll be a hard choice between the two unless someone posts something different
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Last edited by I Be Andyy at Mar 9, 2008,
for you a MIM strat would be perfect, either a Deluxe Players model or a Standard Stratocaster. It plays beautifully and sounds great. Maybe that or perhaps a Schecter C-1 Classic. I would never get an Epi If you have that much cash to spend.
Hrm, maybe a tele with a seymour duncan in the neck?
Quote by Highwaytohell
for you a MIM strat would be perfect, either a Deluxe Players model or a Standard Stratocaster. It plays beautifully and sounds great. Maybe that or perhaps a Schecter C-1 Classic. I would never get an Epi If you have that much cash to spend.

+1 to Schecters. They are awesome guitars. I want one
I almost got a shecter with seymour duncans. I ended up getting a jimmie vaughan strat. I must say it's well built with useful features. Tex mex pups, bent steel saddles, an awesome neck, and strap locks. Switch out the tuners and this thing is ace.
I'm just going to throw this out there since I never really recommend guitars, and when I do, it's usually for metal.

But seriously take a look at Fender Showmasters. They're great sounding guitars and come with pretty good pickups. Even the SSS one sounded pretty sick on a Dual Recto for metal I really like them though, great playing, and sounding guitars for the price. GC had a floor model SSS one out the last time I was in there for $460 and there wasn't anything at all wrong with it.

The PRS guitars in that range are also pretty nice but I found myself liking the Showmaster more (mostly because the trem on it is more smooth to use).

Strats are also another option, MIM strats sound really good once you put a little cash in them for some better pickups and electronics, you can pick them up used pretty cheap too if that's an option.

The Epi Les Paul is decent as well but there's just something about them that I never really liked, it could be different for you though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1 to everything you said. I didn't get one because i love the sound of a strat, and even though my squier sucked it sounded like a strat and I like that sound.
Hmm, not a fan of the paint scheme on the Showmaster..Love the look of the Artic White Strats...Hmm
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by Highwaytohell

Yeah MIM Fat Strat, C-1 Classic (or any other Schecter in the range for that matter) look into the Agile Les Paul copies as well.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by I Be Andyy
Hmm, not a fan of the paint scheme on the Showmaster..Love the look of the Artic White Strats...Hmm

Haha, really? I love flames and quilts! I actually can't stand the look of most Strats until I found mine, off-white is awesomeness.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Haha, really? I love flames and quilts! I actually can't stand the look of most Strats until I found mine, off-white is awesomeness.

Well then, as I sleep tonight, I will angst at you
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
Well then, as I sleep tonight, I will angst at you

haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
schecter guitars are the best for your price range probably. if you are looking for a hollowbody guitar tho, the ibanez artcores are AMAZING guitars for the price. they go for around $500USD for the lower end models