Alright I just bought this guitar:

(Gus G 600)

I want to get that amazing clean Sinergy sound, and the amp that will work best with my style of playing (Power metal). Price is not an object, and I know I'll probably need an effects petal. The amp needs to be around 40 watts, though.

Thanks for the help.
ESP

Respect Roope Latvala.
Price isn't an object? 5150III. Realistically? Get that Vox
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
roland cube 60
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.

Why are you guys recommending ****ty solid state hybrid amps when he says he has no price limit... it would just waste his investment in a good guitar, you guys are FULL of fail.

Look into Mesa Mark's if you can take the plunge, it would be a great investment.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I agree with the Mesa suggestion. Either Mark IV or triple rectifier.

Both of them get metal as all hell.
Gus G uses Marshalls and ENGLs, so one of those would get the job done.

And +1 to the Mesa suggestions as well.
Mesa mark IV.

try out 5150s also you might like em

you can try the JCM800 you would probably like that to
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Fatso Forgottso
ii ****ing hate how ugs answer to everything is the mark iv...sure its good, but its not good for everything.
cop an engl dood

Its WAY more versatile than engls.. why are there so much failures on UG tonight?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Marshall JCM 800, or a Peavey 5150. I think a Recto would be a bit too modern sounding for power metal.
Quote by AlexiSinergy
So I've narrowed it down to a Mesa Mark IV or the Vox...

I do hope that's a joke....

Seriously when you said that, Robot Chicken's montage of "Most One-Sided Fights" popped into my head...
^^ Dude.....that's not even funny. Obviously not the budget, hybrid practice amp that is the VOX. Obviously the MESA!

Quote by mike.h

Its WAY more versatile than engls.. why are there so much failures on UG tonight?

"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by mike.h

Why are you guys recommending ****ty solid state hybrid amps when he says he has no price limit... it would just waste his investment in a good guitar, you guys are FULL of fail.

Look into Mesa Mark's if you can take the plunge, it would be a great investment.

+1
mike.h speaks the truth.
The Cube and the Vox are good amps. However, he can get a MUCH better amp. Mesa's would be good but you could get a Bogner Uberschall or something if you really have no limit
Quote by Fatso Forgottso
ii ****ing hate how ugs answer to everything is the mark iv...sure its good, but its not good for everything.
cop an engl dood

Actually thats one of the few amps that can pretty much cover any genre.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Actually thats one of the few amps that can pretty much cover any genre.

You is forgetting the RK...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Choosing between the Mesa and the Vox is like choosing to date either Jessica Alba or the 86-year old midget transexual down the street, respectively. I believe the choice is clear.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Gotta love those Mesas. +1
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Not really a metal guy, but this is what I've heard reccomended a lot on these forums.

5150/6505
Bugera (heard pretty good things about them)
Mesa Mark series
ENGL of some sort

If price truly isn't an object, a Bogner Uberschall or Diezel (sp?) VH-4. I think that's what it's called at least.......

EDIT: Just heard Erock's Splawn recordings. Perhaps one of those?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by stratman_13
Not really a metal guy, but this is what I've heard reccomended a lot on these forums.

5150/6505
Bugera (heard pretty good things about them)
Mesa Mark series
ENGL of some sort

If price truly isn't an object, a Bogner Uberschall or Diezel (sp?) DH-4. I think that's what it's called at least.......

It is called a VH-4...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
It is called a VH-4...

Sorry, I'm having an off night. Thanks, FL
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

Sorry, I'm having an off night. Thanks, FL

No problem! Everyone has those. And, you don't seem like a total Diezel whore anyway.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Sorry I'm such a nub to amps. I've never really had any other amp than my 40watt Marshall.

What are the BEST Mesas available?
ESP

Respect Roope Latvala.
I can't tell you what the Mesa is, I guess it's different for everybody.
But most of the amps recommended are about 100W I think, if you want to stick to "about 40W", have a look at an Engl Fireball (60W).

cheers!