Hey Guys,

I am in search of a decent microphone and XLR cable. I just got a Digitech JamMan and want to hook a mic into it to be able to record my acoustic guitar, vocals, and harmonica. I would like to get a decent one, but nothing too expensive. Let me know what you have!
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Last edited by white99z at Mar 9, 2008,
The manual says I need a low impedance dynamic mic or a self-powered condenser mic . I want whatever will be best for this application but I don't know anything about mics.
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
standard answer: shure sm57, about $100
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by AJBoy238
shure pg48 with cable $60 shipped

I can get that brand new from amazon with a cable for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PG48-Vocal-Microphone-Cable/dp/B0000AQRSR

What kind of cable is it? Would you lower the price?
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
sure il go $50 shipped. accoring to musicians friend the mic new is $40 and the mic is pretty much new, i think it has one TINY cosmetic flaw but THATS IT so you figue with a cable and shipping its a good deal
Quote by AJBoy238
sure il go $50 shipped. accoring to musicians friend the mic new is $40 and the mic is pretty much new, i think it has one TINY cosmetic flaw but THATS IT so you figue with a cable and shipping its a good deal

How's that mic handle things other than vocals (acoustic guitar/harmonica)? Also, what kind of cable and how long?
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
it sounds good i use it to record everything. i THINK the cables 15 ft but not sure.
Quote by AJBoy238
it sounds good i use it to record everything. i THINK the cables 15 ft but not sure.

Sounds good, but I think I will go with the Amazon Deal for $35 brand new w/ mic cable. It's only a few bucks shipping and brand new. If anyone has anything cheaper, let me know. Otherwise I will be ordering this one tomorrow!

Thanks

J
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
I know you said dynamic but what you want to record guitar/harmonica would be a condencer mic. A Sure sm57 would be your answer if your not using a condencer mic. Those mic's last a VERY long time. If i were you i would spend $100 for a great multi purpose mic than just buying a cheap low quality mic.

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Quote by AndrewDulina
I know you said dynamic but what you want to record guitar/harmonica would be a condencer mic. A Sure sm57 would be your answer if your not using a condencer mic. Those mic's last a VERY long time. If i were you i would spend $100 for a great multi purpose mic than just buying a cheap low quality mic.

I ordered the PG48 and a stand. I am not doing anything big, just recording loops on my JamMan for practicing purposes. I will look more into mics when I plan on getting a nice one. Thanks for the help everyone!
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal