idk... most classic rock is ranges from soft to harsh overdrive, or a fuzzbox style of distortion...

I've never really played with a DS1 though, so I don't know how it would fare...

you could always go Tubescreamer (pricey) or bad monkey (cheap but heard great things about it... some like it better than a TS)... those are overdrive pedals and might suit you better...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
yeah you can get the tones for classic rock with the ds-1, all you need to do is set the gain from 12 o'clock or lower and adjust the tone to your likeing.
uhh, I'm playing my modded ds-1

no it can't

But it cames pretty close, it just doesnt' get the right kind of clipping that tube amps have.
Quote by kaplac
uhh, I'm playing my modded ds-1

no it can't

But it cames pretty close, it just doesnt' get the right kind of clipping that tube amps have.

what mod did you go with on your ds-1?
can it get sounds from zeppelin, vh, ac/dc, nirvana, alice in chains, pink floyd, or soundgarden?
Quote by flamefox14
can it get sounds from zeppelin, vh, ac/dc, nirvana, alice in chains, pink floyd, or soundgarden?

led zep mabey, vh i havent been able to get, acdc yes, few nirvana songs you can but i recommend the dod grunge for that as well as most AIL and Sound garden.
how much do you have to spend, boss makes a twin pedal that has a bunch of different od and distortion models to choose from. but costs a pretty penny but is worth every cent
personally i would save up for the boss twin i was talking about, but thats just me. i would recommend going to a shop and trying a few out and spending time with each one. tweak it to see the range of distortion/od sounds you can get from it
You're after a new amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
You're after a new amp.

+100000,
You can keep spending money on crappy distortion pedals that will never give you the sound you are looking for(believe me I been there and done that). when what you really need is a good amp with a verstile OD on board. What are you useing now for an amp?
Quote by rhcp_freak
You're after a new amp.

+12131231242352346

If you want to get good soinding distrotion for the money than it will be a much better investment if you get a better amp. For what you are playing a Bugera 333 or a Peavey Classic 30 and a good overdrive would be perfect.