Nowadays, I tend to play my piano or guitar impromptu along with songs I never heard of ie. I'll play along with a radio(well, I get the tonic/first few chords without error). I just play a chord without thought and it syncs with the song. Did I pick up some musical talent or is it just luck? (does this happen to anyone else?)
It's just luck mate...
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by metallica72487
not everyone can play be ear

With practice, yes, anyone can.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
maybe you just listen to very simple music
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
maybe you just listen to very simple music

He said it was on the radio, so yes, obviously.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by kamikrazi123
Nowadays, I tend to play my piano or guitar impromptu along with songs I never heard of ie. I'll play along with a radio(well, I get the tonic/first few chords without error). I just play a chord without thought and it syncs with the song. Did I pick up some musical talent or is it just luck? (does this happen to anyone else?)

sounds like your developing a good ear. Good for you. yeah, it takes talent, and yeah, there are plenty of other people that can do it as well.
shred is gaudy music
if you really want to know if you can play by ear try transcribing a song and matching it with one on this site and that will tell if you can play by ear.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Quote by MrBlues
if you really want to know if you can play by ear try transcribing a song and matching it with one on this site and that will tell if you can play by ear.

Or at least it will tell you if you made the same mistakes in transcription as the other guy did.
Quote by Philbigtime
Or at least it will tell you if you made the same mistakes in transcription as the other guy did.

LOL, thats what I was thinking.
shred is gaudy music
Most pop songs have very predictable chord progressions, so almost all decent musicians can do this.