anyone want to put anything they knew about this amp (the head) right here
any input is welcomed
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
its not very good
the one i played anyway.

the od sounded like a wet fart.
and cleans left alot to be desired.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Yeah the gain is very, well muddy but rounded if that makes sence. The clean just doesn't have "it" idk how better to describe it
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
it's not a good amp on the gains but it's better clean if that's what you're for.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
its not that bad. I prefer the 50watt to the 100 watt. Half of the people in this place that bash this amp, i doubt have ever used one, or spend enough time tweeking the EQ to give you and accurate description of it.

I own the 50watt head and I Love it also. It cant be that bad if professional musicians use it! Dave from sum41 used it and so does Dave Murray from Iron Maiden. Although Dave uses rackmount as well. Wikipedia lists that he uses dsl 100 heads with rack mount processors running thru the effects loop.
Last edited by FarFromDead at Mar 10, 2008,
I have one, I love it. The cleans are gorgeous if you can Eq, the distortion is kinda weak. Its good for classic rock, not metal. You need pedals for that. I've heard the heads are totally different from the combo dsl though. So some people that bash may have played the combo only. Or just wasn't their thing. I'd definitely try it out if you can.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
I saw an interview with Hatebreed's Sean Martin. He said he uses the DSL50 head with no pedals except for a noise gate in the FX loop. He uses EMG81 pickups though, so it's actually kind of boosted.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Threadstarter. you have to remember that you are on an internet forum and sometimes the people here will bash an amp, or say good things about an amp just from what they have read, and not what they have heard. The DSL is bashed a lot on here, and like i said before, its likely because these people have never even used it, or tried to eq it. Check this out.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504022
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus