I decided my Ibanez RX-40 was in dire need of repair, but I don't know alot about fixing guitars. I already know the tuning heads need replacement, the guitar goes out of tune after 10 minutes of playing. Do I need Ibanez tuning heads or will any do? The paint job has major chips in it , but that can wait . My guitar's neck is weird, it used to sound like a sitar on the lower 3 strings, but that stopped for some odd reason(not that I complain ). Some of the frets have dings in them, the strings catch a little on the middle of a fret at times.

I was wondering if someone could tell me what I need to do to fix my guitar up , and where to find some cheap parts with good quality too? Also links to any online tutorials that would probably help me? Thank you for taking the time to read this .
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
is the guitar worth putting work into?(if youve had it since you were 6 maybe its time for a new guitar?)
the guitar going out of tune doesnt mean it has to be the tuners fault.
and the strings catching on the frets could be fixed by raising the action a bit.
as for the rest, dont know what to do sorry.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I can't afford a new one . The fret's catch on the strings only when I push the strings down .
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
For what you need to pay to get this in decent, playable condition--you're better off getting something from evilbay.