So I have been trying to play Back and Black Solo by AC/DC and I have been on it for about 2 days now of 5 hours practicing and I am still on the beginning of it. getting very frustrated and I am not sure if I should stop and try something else or keep going on it it would probably take me a long tome to do it. I have only been playing for 3 months. Should I just stick with it? Or try another song?
Last edited by Kash1333 at Mar 10, 2008,
Come back to it in a few months, your muscle memory is probably really terrible at this point so itll be very tough for you to remember all those notes. Try learning simpler solos or songs in general and a few technical exercises, and a little more overall experience on the guitar, and when you come back, itll be much easier.
Quote by insideac
Come back to it in a few months, your muscle memory is probably really terrible at this point so itll be very tough for you to remember all those notes. Try learning simpler solos or songs in general and a few technical exercises, and a little more overall experience on the guitar, and when you come back, itll be much easier.

Alright I will, and I don't get what you mean by muscle memory? Like my hands cant keep up with it or something right now?
your fingers can remember the solo...lol....im not very good at explaining, but seriously, I hope you understand.

for example, have you ever played somthing without even thinking about it? Like you can figure the fingerings in your head but you can play it if you have a guitar.

Also break up for solo and just learn smal part of it. Then get that small part nailed and move onto the next part.....looking at it as a whole is more difficult and will be more frustrating.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
your fingers can remember the solo...lol....im not very good at explaining, but seriously, I hope you understand.

for example, have you ever played somthing without even thinking about it? Like you can figure the fingerings in your head but you can play it if you have a guitar.

Also break up for solo and just learn smal part of it. Then get that small part nailed and move onto the next part.....looking at it as a whole is more difficult and will be more frustrating.

I am doing that but I am trying go the same speed as Angus thats the hard part.
come back to it....for sure....learn some therory...some scales...itll help u get ur finger strength down...learn to alternate pick the scales too...cant go from crawling to running....need to walk first....learn a few more tunes...make sure every note sounds out clear and sounds like angus himselfs playin it....then come back to it....youll be alot better at it....also itd prolly make that solo easier if u learned the scale hes using and practising it....good luck
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o