Alright, what do you guys think of this pedal board setup?

I'm getting the Bad Monkey right after my trip to Europe (16-25th), then I'll splurge on everything else. Currently I'm only utilizing my RP50 & and an expression pedal , but just you wait .

I'm running this into my 400 watt power amp, BTW (no, I'm not buying a new amp).

Okay, here we go:

^All that'll be on my board (already have one )

Wishlist

*Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell (wah)

*Digitech Bad Monkey (overdrive) - for versatility

*Guyatone Metal Monster (tube distortion)

*EHX nano Small Stone (phaser)

*DOD FX40B 7 Band EQ (<--)

(I'm also getting the 1 Spot combo pack to power everything + some pedal cables )

So tell me what UG thinks, I'm pretty sure on most of this too .

DiMeTiMe

EDIT: Also thinking of Boss DD-3 Delay, and ISP Decimator.
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Mar 13, 2008,
The RP is going the suck the hell out of your tone.
Ibanez SZ 320MH >> Vox V487 >> Barber LTD >> MI Audio Neo-Fuzz >> Peavey Bandit 112
+1 to losing the RP. Consider investing in a quality preamp of some type. Soldano SP-77's are on ebay all the time and are fairly inexpensive and Tech21 SansAmp's are excellent for what they are.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Get this stuff instead-
EQ- MXR 10 band or boss ge-7
Phaser- Phase 90 or small stone
Wah- Hendrix Wah (what Zakk based his off of)

Why do you even need an OD? You don't even have a preamp. You'll be using a distortion pedal. Correct?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
^ I'm def. going for the Bad Horsie, and the 'monkey is for versatility - I heard the metal monster (obviously) on 0 gain - is still a monster. So an OD for lighter/slightly overdriven stuff. I'll check out the small stone though - is it really that good?
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Mar 10, 2008,
Okay, I see EHX also has a nano version of the small stone, so..what is the difference? (besides the $4) They have the same controls and everything!
So is it just smaller, or are they different tone wise? Fill me in!

EDIT: going with the nano (I can hear my pedal board cheer )
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Get this stuff instead-
EQ- MXR 10 band or boss ge-7
Phaser- Phase 90 or small stone
Wah- Hendrix Wah (what Zakk based his off of)

I've heard nothing but good about the DOD eq, you don't really need the extra frequencies of a 10 band, or the price of the Boss.

The nano small stone is the same as the regular one except for the supposed elimination of a volume drop (I've never been able to try the regular one out). I really like this pedal.

The Hendrix wah has one cap that's different ($.30 difference) from a stock crybaby, but costs more for his name.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Fatso Forgottso
so your getting a delay right?

...................well...umm.......... - maybe.

I'd rather have the holy grail (ex.) reverb though - I don't really like or see the need fo delay, I guess it's kinda cool.....
Oh, and also I should probably get an ISP Decimator...

one question: would running the Decimator into a power amp be like going through the FX loop? Cause that would work nicely then .
JUST TELLING YOU! You put wah before OD/Distortion and Modulation after! you also can EQ after the amp or before it but i reccomend this

EQ--->Wah----> OD/Distortion---->Phaser---> amp
EQ doesn't have to be in front, some find that it has a more pronounced effect after the chain, or even in the effects loop....

Wah def before OD/Distortion, but I find that I prefer my Small Stone before my OD/Distortion as well...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Highwaytohell
JUST TELLING YOU! You put wah before OD/Distortion and Modulation after! you also can EQ after the amp or before it but i reccomend this

EQ--->Wah----> OD/Distortion---->Phaser---> amp

Yeah, I know wah goes first . Here's what I was thinking:

Wah--->OD/Dist.--->Phaser--->EQ---> amp.

I'd always have the EQ on, and use it as a sort of preamp - for equalization anyways .
not gonna steal the show...but Fatso Forgottso you expirence the Stereo Deluxe Memory man w/hazari?....anyways...interesting into the power amp...go with a regualr old cry baby and mod it tastyscrew the switchless....it lags unless you mod it...which is why you should get the crybaby
MIM Fender Telecaster Boss CH1
Ltd 400 EC Original Cry Baby
Fender Acoustic
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
^I've actually tried several tried several crybaby's and all I thought was meh, plus i'd rather not have to mod.

So, anybody know if running the Decimator into a power amp would be like going into the FX loop?

help please!
I would get a preamp. Maybe a used rockman or something...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.