Hi

My guitar only lately makes a horrible buzzing noise in the headstock. It is nothing visible and i spent a lot of time putting my hane in diffrent places trying to stop it. Any ideas what it might be.

P.S Its a Les Paul copy if it makes things easier

EDIT: It happens when i play the 3 bass strings open and it is uncontrolably loud in Eb or open C
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Mar 10, 2008,
Check if one of your tuners is loose. That happened to me few times, just had to use a mini screwdriver.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Like worhan said, tighten up your tuners, as that is the most common cause. And check your truss rod cover. In a more serious case. Also, your truss rod might be lose and flopping around. It that is the case properly adjust it and you problem is solved.
yeah probably one of the tuners is lose.. dunno what else could it be

replace the strings
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
On my '95 MIM strat that I've had since new, the low E tuner rattles. It is not loose, but the key itself is moving around and buzzing (most notably when played on it's back [laying in bed for example]). I expect the best fix would be to get a new one or new set, but in my case, it is my first guitar and would rather keep it all original. Perhaps you are having the same issue with a cheap tuner.
Quote by 4regt4
On my '95 MIM strat that I've had since new, the low E tuner rattles. It is not loose, but the key itself is moving around and buzzing (most notably when played on it's back [laying in bed for example]). I expect the best fix would be to get a new one or new set, but in my case, it is my first guitar and would rather keep it all original. Perhaps you are having the same issue with a cheap tuner.

yeh they are cheap tuners. Anyone got an idea on how much a new decent set would cost in AUD and how much it would cost to install them by profesional
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
well just because they are cheap, doesnt mean they are the only problem.

it would be a shame to swap them out and then discover that the truss rod cover was loose, or that the nut at the top of the truss rod nut was rattling.

i would strum and touch each part until the broken or loose part is found.

and if you want to swap out ur tuners, check out stewmac.com for ideas.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011