My guitar is pretty messed up, so I'm gonna need a new guitar . Getting my Rx-40 repaired would probably cost as much as a new guitar, so now I'm left looking for a new one. My RX-40 is still playable, just kinda need to trade up until I have a good paying job where I can afford to repair it and customize it like I want. Can anyone recommend me a good guitar for metal like Metallica, Megadeath, and black label society. I'm running on a limited budget too so a cheap one would be nice lol.
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
What's wrong with your current axe? Just curious.

Sift through the want ads for Ibanez RG. Awesome guitars, unfortunately they don't retain their value like american models. Thats good for you
Yea. You like Megadeth so much that you can't even spell it.

Most guitars are fixable, what's wrong with it?

But yea, ESP and Jackson are ideal for metal.
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAARGH at Mar 10, 2008,
prolly something by ESP or jackson for u.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
It needs new tuning heads, it goes out of tune after 10 mins of play . My trem bar is stripped(Dam little brothers ) My neck used to make a sound like a sitar, it just stopped one day(not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lmao). Plus some of the frets have nicks in them so when I try to string bend there, it catches and makes a nasty sound. when I feel the edge of the neck it feels like the fretboard has slid a bit from the wood. Not sure if the pickups are good either...

I would pretty much give it a new neck, but I heard Ibanez doesn't sell necks seperately. So paying to have the current one fixed would be a pain. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it let me know, I asked on the customizing board about it, but the guy told me basicly to get a new guitar. It made me sad, I love my guitar .
My guitars-
Basically whatever I can get by mowing lawns and scraping up dog poo. I can save up for a long time though, so probably $250-$300.
My guitars-
I just had a thought, would a squire strat neck fit on mine? Or a fender strat neck?
Not sure if they are the same thing...?
My guitars-
You can buy necks off eBay, i'd have a look on there.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Jackson Randy Rhoads are awesome i would get one if i had the cash
MY GEAR

Ibanez Af105 (JIZZ )
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone les paul standard
Fender frontman 212r
Yamaha p85

Coheed and cambria: Welcome home - what a song
and more......