Page 1 of 2
hey guys

i hav a problem and jus wana c if any of u out there mayba suffer from the same kinda thing. Scientifically its called sleep paralysis and it occurs at night when you're sleeping.wat happens is u wake from your sleep and find that u r completely paralysed.sumtyms ur eyes are half open and u can kinda see around the room but u r completely paralysed and cant move.u feel like something is holding u down and hav to fight to regain full consciousness again.it is quite terrifying as u always feel that something evil is about and holding u down.even when u hav ur eyes abit open u always feel like u r about to see something evil that is causing this. Obviously different religions hav different explanations for it. Im hindu and in my religion we believe that it is an evil mischievous spirit called "Morgeni" that wonders about at night irritating people.however i feel it is something more sinister and more evil as in the past 3 nights it occured and my eyes were always half or full open and when it happened i could hear strong wind blowing through my ears like when u r at sea. It happened to me before but once in awhile, not every night like now. Also only after i get up and put sum ash (religious ash-hinduism)on my pillow and on my chest does it stop.if not when i try to sleep again it will occur. I did sum research and i also find that in the mexican culture they believe that an old, evil hag (an evil spirit) sits on your chest and this causes you to become tempararily paralysed.i know its something more this time, like something evil in my house. Maybe before it was a harmless spirit but right now its something very evil.wat do u guys think?do any of u suffer with it?
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
it happened to me a few times when i was like 6-7 years old. that **** is ****ing TERRIFYING how old are you by the way? also, when it happened to me it just felt like i couldnt move, i didnt feel a presence like you say you do. thats spooky man.
Last edited by DaStrat0blast3r at Mar 10, 2008,
I hate that, it happened to me like two nights ago.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
That is how most alien stories come about. Sometimes you see things because your body is not awake yet causing you to continue dreaming, and apparantly it all feels so real because you can see your surroundings but also you can create false images. So for example, you could see aliens probing/examining you and it would look real. The reason it causes lots of fear is the feeling of powerlessness. I haven't actually experienced this though.
Last edited by TheRavenEffekt at Mar 10, 2008,
im 19
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by TheRavenEffekt
That is how most alien stories come about. Sometimes you see things because your body is not awake yet causing you to continue dreaming, and apparantly it all feels so real because you can see your surroundings but also you can create false images. So for example, you could see aliens probing/examining you and it would look real. The reason it causes lots of fear is the feeling of powerlessness.

Ur pretty smart for a Feb 08'er

lol but that makes sense
"Time doesn't exist here, we will never die."

-Celldweller
Quote by Saffron_Inferno
im 19

ya thats weird. they usually say you outgrow it as you get older. i remember it happening to me only twice, and it was when i was young. perhaps there is some backing behind the religious spirit theory,
That was painful to read, but yes i have experienced it, f*cking scary.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Sleep paralysis is a natural occurrence that everybody goes through when they sleep-basically your body has shut down for the night. If you're conscious of it then your mind just hasn't caught up with your body. Or vice-versa if you're waking up. While in sleep paralysis you may experience hallucinatory images and sounds that can be incredibly realistic. It's like dreaming while being awake; in fact some methods of lucid dream induction use sleep paralysis to achieve lucidity. It's certainly nothing to be afraid of, as it's completely normal. Just keep in mind that what you see may not be real, and don't stress out too much when you realize that you can't move.

In response to Ichikurosaki: Yes, sleep paralysis can be self-induced! I'm going to recommend that you take a look at http://www.dreamviews.com. What you're looking for is a technique called WILD-Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming. Have fun!
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Not exactly that, but I've had epileptic seizures waking me up in the middle of the night, which is a bit similar. I have full control of my eye lids and vocal chords, but the rest of me is just shaking, then after the seizure I'm paralyzed on the right side of my body, basically split along the middle. That has happened when I've been awake too though.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quite a few months ago I suffered from something which, at the time, I assumed was a very real nightmare. I woke up during the middle of the night, and my head was suffering from a really strange ringing sensation. I didn't hear anything, but it felt like a painful game of pinball was going on in my head. I couldn't move properly, as my entire body felt incredibly heavy, and though I didn't see anything, or anyone, I felt an unnaturally heavy feeling on my chest. Like something, or someone, was sitting on it.

Scared the living hell out of me, and throughout the entire experience I was trying to move, to shift the weight off my chest. When I eventually did move properly, without any heavy weight in or on my body, it felt like I had woken up the way you do from a nightmare. Strange thing is I was very aware of my surroundings during the experience, just as much as I was when I had awoken.

Needless to say I never got back to sleep that night. Really creepy shit. I've suffered from it a few more times, but it's always been really mild and nothing scary has occurred.
dude that scared the S outta me
cuz i've been feeling an ominous presance in my sleep but i have night terrors though
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Yes. It happens to me now and again, if go to bed late and am really tired. So far it hasn't affected my spelling though. [/mandatory offensive sarcasm]

Even though it's a pretty unpleasant experience, there's nothing mystical or occult about it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
wow that sounds fun
any way to induce it i wanna try it out.
It is actually quite easy to induce it.
You can find aditional information on http://www.dreamviews.com/

SP is perfectly safe and nothing to be afraid of.
**** scares the **** outta me but its happened a few times now in the last year or so so whenever it happens i know what it is and just stare at the wall until i can move again
kinda funny actually to try your hardest to lift your arms or kick your legs and they dont even budge an inch.
gives good appreciation for what it must be like to lose the use of your arms and legs in an accident.
I hate it, usually because its my mum jumping ontop of me that causes sleep paralysis.

Other times its when waking from a nightmare, not pleasant at all
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I believe it's a poltergiest when that happens tbh, but I'm highly superstitious like that.

I find it hard to believe any religious explainations though. Same for the scientific sudden awakening approach, if that was the case you wouldn't feel another presence especially an evil one.
Quote by OddOneOut
I hate it, usually because its my mum jumping ontop of me that causes sleep paralysis.

Other times its when waking from a nightmare, not pleasant at all

My fav Essex girl!!!

Ahem.

On Thread point, it's fairly common. Wiki it.
i couldn't read what you said!

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
ive tried to get SP for a while, but it never happens to me...
i can lucid dream when i try really hard, so maybe i just have to try more
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by sysdown27
ive tried to get SP for a while, but it never happens to me...
i can lucid dream when i try really hard, so maybe i just have to try more

Why would you want it?
I get it sometimes just for the hell of it. It's fun if you just calm down. And no, it's not a spirit. It's just the realm of being half-awake and half-asleep. As for it happening three times in a row, it could be from anything. Any type of excess stress can cause this, so don't sweat it. Just relax and go with the flow and you should come out of it or fall asleep rather quickly.
Could someone translate that? I got halfway through the second line and got a headache...
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I get it a lot and it sucks. It feels like you can't breathe so you try to shout for help but you can't do that either. Last Thursday it happened to me only this time I saw someone in my room (I now realise it was a hallucination) but I coudn't get up out of bed.
It's happened to me several times. Once, I couldn't move my arm for about 10 mins.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
wow that sounds fun
any way to induce it i wanna try it out.

No.

No, you do not.
Quote by Kumanji
My fav Essex girl!!!

Ahem.

On Thread point, it's fairly common. Wiki it.

Is that code for 'I'm so gonna jump you when you're asleep becasue you'll get sleep paralysis and you won't be able to move'?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by tripleg123
Ur pretty smart for a Feb 08'er

lol but that makes sense

ur pretty fagish for Dec 07'er!
neway ts maybe put ash in ure pillow before u go to bed, close ure window.. talk to someone about it?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I used to have it alot when i was younger, but now i rarely have it. Think only once in the past couple of years.
It's gonna be a blue day
i dont think science can explain it coz i really do believe its supernatural coz i had it 4 3 nights in a row and my mum smoked our house yesterday (its a hindu ritual where the smoke cleanses the house and also drives away and decreases the power of evil spirits)and last night i was absolutely fine.i had great sleep.also i mean howcum everytime i got up and put ash on me i was ok but if i got up and didn't, it would return?
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Marshall MG100 DFX
Page 1 of 2