As the title states in the title bar "Convince me to buy a PRS Se?"

And are they considered medium to high end guitars?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
"Rock & Roll is not No Noise Pollution"

That's a double negative. That's basically saying that Rock & Roll IS noise polution.

ANYWAY - They're very nice guitars. I don't know how they compare to other higher end models, but they're brilliant for the price.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
"Rock & Roll is not No Noise Pollution"

That's a double negative. That's basically saying that Rock & Roll IS noise polution.

ANYWAY - They're very nice guitars. I don't know how they compare to other higher end models, but they're brilliant for the price.
How good are they compared to a Cort G260?

Because my pick up's don't seem too hot in my g260 and I'm looking for hotter pick ups.

and your thing about "Rock & Roll is not No Noise Pollution" is true However it's one of my fav ac/dc songs.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
well if you like your cort so much maybe new pickups would be a better investment..

most new guitars wont have the worlds best pickups unless you paid for em, thats one of the main differences between a mid and high end guitar

a set of seymour duncans or dimarzios would be far cheaper than a new guitar and music stores often fit pickups for free if you bought them in store, if youre looking for more powerful pickups again then youre looking for actives such as emgs, theyre more expensive and require batteries though

prs se's are pretty good guitars, especially for the price but i tend to look for build quality and features in a guitar ie set neck, tuners, neck and fingerboard and replace the pickups if needs be

im currently using a seymour duncan JB in the bridge position and a duncan '59 in the neck on a ibanez sz, really warm les paul type tone with lots of sustain but enough bite that i can get prs-like tone with enough playing around with the amp settings and new strings, just go into a store and try out enough guitars and pickups.. only youll know what your preference is
Dignity not included.
Last edited by bobogeneration at Mar 10, 2008,
The lyrics are "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution".

The PRS SE is a very nice guitar. Go to your local guitar store and give one a try.
bobogeneration, You have some point's So I'll ask you this.

What would you suggestion around $700-$900 that will have "VERY GOOD" pickups?

Khann, Thank you for the spelling check mate I'll fix it right away.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
depends on your playing style, if youre into ac/dc and hard rock tones then its best to go for any guitar with humbucker pickups

seymour duncan burstbuckers, 59's or JB's would be my recommendation.. if you have the money and you like them an emg 81 and 85 setup would be worth trying but some people dont like active pickups, dimarzio make good pickups too

most guitars in that price range should have good pickups but youd have to check in store as regards what pickups they are, youd be trying out the guitar before you buy it anyway

the type of guitars up to you because factors such as weight, fret size, shape and appearance are all down to personal preference, for hard rock and metal in that price range i find ibanez and esp make good guitars.. as do prs

keep in mind your amp decides a lot of your sound and tone anyway, angus young used a gibson sg so if you want that kind of sound go for any of the above pickups, maybe a set neck for sustain and a stable bridge similar to a tune-o-matic
Dignity not included.
Last edited by bobogeneration at Mar 10, 2008,
Hi There!

Just two days ago I had the same problem. So I went to my local guitar store and played some guitars. Among others there were: PRS Custom SE, PRS Tremonti SE and a PRS Standard SE. (Basically I thought I wanted a PRS). But then I tried other guitars: Epiphone LP Standard Plus - quite ok - and then the limited Epiphone LP custom midnight with the EMG 81 PU's. I immediately fell in love with this one and bought it. So to conclude now - here are the differences: All of the PRS have some kind of a warmer tone and more bass as well as treble. But all of em - especially the Tremonti SE have a lag of the midrange tones. I didn't like that. The Epi Midnight doesn't have as much warmness - but it doesn't have the lag either. And, of course, it does scream a lot more due to the emg's. So I'd say: If you want to play mainly disorted you shouldn't buy a SE (can't tell bout the non-SE). But if you're heading for the cleans - go for it. Especially the custom...

Greetz
Thank you guys I just want my pick ups hotter right now and I'm not sure which route to go.

I have a traynor YVC 40 watts classic ALL TUBE amp 2x10 combo amp and she does sound very good but I think she may have a little too much of a warm tone.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I have a Tremonti SE, with SD Jeff Beck and SH2 pickups. Though I havent played many guitars - deffo no expensive axes- its still the best ive tried, for me anyway. Everyone who has tried mine has been surprised at how well it played and sounded, especially with the new pups; one of the guys I know bought one off the back of playing mine.

Its pretty versatile and can handle most styles, but is amazing for heavier riffs.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Very cool Gabbstard I'll try a few prses.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.