hi guys

a while ago, i bought this really old tube head from a garage sale for around $50, and at the time, i didnt have a clue about guitars or amps.

well now that im more serious about my **** lol, i have dug this out of the garage, and fired it up, to find that the tubes are glowing, and it seems like it works.

however i dont have a cab, and on the back of it there is no ohm rating....

ill upload some pics later, but for now all i know about it is that its a tube head, with four inputs, and says "extended range series" on top.

on the back it says

"made in australia by

SOUNDCRAFT PTY. LIMITED

SYDNEY N.S.W

Model: LB60 SERIAL NO. this part is blank btw!"

and thats it.

anyways has anyone heard of this company before. to me its a complete ****en mistery lol

anyways cheers lads
you ****en ripper mate

****EN THANKS A LOAD!

at least now i know that they exist bahaha

thank youu soooo much
Don't run it without a cab! You might fry something.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
you can usually check the impedance with a very sensitive multimeter, but if you still can't figure it out use a 16 ohm cab, as there is almost no chance the amp requires a higher impedance than that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you can usually check the impedance with a very sensitive multimeter, but if you still can't figure it out use a 16 ohm cab, as there is almost no chance the amp requires a higher impedance than that.

thanks heaps man
You may have already fried something by just turning it on, especially without a speaker. If it's as 'really old' as you say, it needs maintenance before it can be used safely and reliably.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Mar 10, 2008,
wow. looks like a nice find. and i think that site says its EL34, and is for guitar or bass (depending on input)
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by marvelboy_04
wow. looks like a nice find. and i think that site says its EL34, and is for guitar or bass (depending on input)

yeh i hope it works hahaha.

oh really? you can run a bass through it?? wow

i dont know much about tube amps, do do you change the big tubes or little tubes???

or should i take it to a shop and get them to make it work hahaha

thanks