Hmm.. I have this pedal (Boss MD2) which sound great with my crappy 15 watts amplifier.. im looking for the best pedal that would compliment this pedal and no i cant go in every guitar store and try every od pedals out there... so my friend said that MD-2 sounds great with SD-1 tubescremer mod.. uhmm.. so is it good? or there are other better pedals that would compliment my beloved mega distrotion
... scuse me?

You need to buy a new amp, my friend. There is a vast world out there of great tones that can't come from a pedal alone and you're missing out on all of it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
You need a new amp. That pedal you've got there isn't exactly hot stuff either.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by mafropetee
... scuse me?

You need to buy a new amp, my friend. There is a vast world out there of great tones that can't come from a pedal alone and you're missing out on all of it.

+A Lot
You may hear your pedal and think "This sounds just like (insert favorite band)!"
No, it doesn't.

(Insert favorite band)'s tone would sear through your pedal in a side by side comparison.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 10, 2008,
ok.. so its not reaaly about my amplifier since i only use it at home.. im llooking for a pedal that would compliment my md2 in gigs..
Quote by zackywackyhacky
ok.. so its not reaaly about my amplifier since i only use it at home.. im llooking for a pedal that would compliment my md2 in gigs..

what amp do you use for gigs?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
And by "compliment", I hope you don't mean both running at the same time...
Pedals (for the most part) are solid state, it'll just get muddy if you tubescream a distortion pedal.
To all the tone freaks out there!!
Probably not a good idea, since almost any 'tone freak' will tell you to get a really nice little tube amp and a good quality overdrive.

If you want loads of crazy overdrive tones at home get Guitar Rig or something instead.
Quote by zackywackyhacky

First off, what amp do you use for gigs? If it's not a tube amp then don't bother with a new pedal. Second, if you are going to buy a new pedal, DON'T use it in conjunction with that MD2. It's not a very good pedal to begin with, and distortion pedals should be used one at a time. Daisychaining them will kill your tone. As long as you have a good amp for it to drive, I would say go with an EHX Metal Muff and either sell or give away that MD2.
The MD2 is a pretty meh pedal for gigging unless you want to make out and out noise, I certainly wouldn't be looking to run anything else at the same time, apart from an EQ pedal, that would actually be a really sensible idea...

...get an EQ pedal
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by kyle62
Probably not a good idea, since almost any 'tone freak' will tell you to get a really nice little tube amp and a good quality overdrive.

If you want loads of crazy overdrive tones at home get Guitar Rig or something instead.

Yeah, he's apparently talking about it for gigs. But he's not going to gig with a practice amp, so that means he has to buy a new amp, so he might as well get one with good tone and use his pedal only for practice.

Which means he should get him some tubes.
Quote by zackywackyhacky
a fender head in mesa tube amps..

Wow. You're either lying or really have no idea what you play through.
Quote by zackywackyhacky

First off, that made no sense whatsoever.
Secondly, You already told us you're running a 15 watt practice amp.
Thirdly, if you had tubes from either of those companies, the answer would be throw all your pedals in a fire and /thread.

Edit:
Well, distortion pedals is what I meant.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by zackywackyhacky

that post was the UG equivalent of running into a polar bear enclosure wearing a pair of meat underpants.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
that post was the UG equivalent of running into a polar bear enclosure wearing a pair of meat underpants.

Sigged.
this is just like watching a train wreck.

iI wouldn't be so bad if he invited "everyone who loves muddy distortion!"
But no, he invited the tone freaks.

Disclaimer:
I do not own tubes, i just severely hate solid state and can't afford a tube head right now because I wrecked my car.
I hate my Metal master.
i have the MT-2 Crappy sounding distortion but its what i have for now. For some solos a do run a overdrive before the pedal distortion and it doesnt sound that muddy or anything, just doesnt sound good.
Quote by vigenharutyunya
may b you needa treble booster??

Solid state just gets very hissy and harsh.
Adding more treble =/= tone.