Page 1 of 2
drop your trousers.

And or just execute your performance nicely and the crowd will be impressed.
swing your guitar around like crazy, the crowd always seems to love that, jump around,interact with the crowd heaps
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
watch a bunch of your favorite band's live dvds and do a few variations of what they do onstage to keep the audience entertained. works for me.
Set your guitar on fire and play a blistering solo while you crowd-surf over the pit?
Why are u so obsessed with having a guitar duel? this is ur second thread about doing one? to impress the crowd u could i dunno...maybe just play guitar good? realize that half of the crowd doesnt play guitar and will therefore be impressed with most anything you do
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
70% of crowd members wont be impressed by a blazing guitar solo (so id stray away from the guitar duel unless you a REALLY REALLY GOOD). For example i seen this talent show video on youtube of this guy shredding all these songs and it blew my mind, but in his comments he lost to some 15 year old girl who just sang.
Quote by dannyniceboy
70% of crowd members wont be impressed by a blazing guitar solo (so id stray away from the guitar duel unless you a REALLY REALLY GOOD). For example i seen this talent show video on youtube of this guy shredding all these songs and it blew my mind, but in his comments he lost to some 15 year old girl who just sang.

Agreed you need to play something the crowd will recognize and can enjoy/sing along, theyre not gonna give a **** how many sweeps or divebombs you do or fast u play because most of the crowd doesnt play guitar, trust me i know i played "speed of light" by Stratavarious at a talent show and we lost to some kid who played the trumpet.....
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Be YOU on stage, do what comes naturally to YOU, otherwise you are just a lame imitation of someone. Seriously, you try to be like someone else, 'cos you will without fail, always look like an idiot.
wear the tightest pants you can find, and stuff a cucumber down the front... that'll impress them. In fact just watch the whole Spinal Tap movie, and do as they do.
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Play guitar with your retinas, then take a steamer on the drums. That would impress me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
learn how to sweep pick with your penis, that is the true measure of a guitarists talent.

oh and guitar duels are fucking lame, no one wants to set around and watch a guitar wankathon, well some people do i suppose after all G3 seems to do pretty well every year, but still that won't make you popular.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Feischti
whip it out

+1

Or drink way too much and be off time the whole show. That impresses alot. No? What? Are you sure? Hmmm. No wonder....
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
Wear a suit of armor and jump into the crowd while being showered in blood with your head on fire. All while playing the highest note you can play at the loudest possible volume.
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Yes, the best way is to show your penis, but you can also do a ''surprise butt secks'' on your bassist, that will work for sure.
Current rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Vox Valvetronix AD-30
Zoom 505II (sucks donkeyass)
My brothers old Boss DS-2
Yamaha FG700MS (acoustic)

I want a tube now!!
Quote by vigenharutyunya
what about guitar duel???
what can i do to show who am i???
PS i really need this answer
any good techniques??

I think you should definitely have a guitar duel. :P

I think you should practise practise practise loads before a gig, tighten it all up. Generally play well and play good songs.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Play guitar with your retinas, then take a steamer on the drums. That would impress me.

+1

btw my bassist met his gf while he was playing on stage in the buff

so just keep that in mind if u wana get laid after the gig... or durring...
Interact with the crowd. Devin Townsend is a master at this...just look up Strapping Young Lad's live performances on Youtube. Nothing says awesome more than someone who can defuse tension and give an aura of camaraderie in a gigantic stadium. If you can get the audience to feel as though they're part of you and your band, you're good to go.

Songwise, I agree with some of the other posts - a good stadium song that draws everyone into it is always fun. Pace the energy levels accordingly...don't play slow song after slow song and THEN jump into a high energy one - the audience appreciates breathing room.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by Minkaro
Play good music.

Oddly enough, it works.

It's true. I saw Alter Bridge recently and they didn't do a lot onstage, Mark Tremonti just makes amusing "orgasm faces" a bit while soloing, but just watching him play was enough to impress me, and even my non-guitarist friends.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
No. No guitar dueling. Its just seems lame to me, and ever since it was added to Guitar Hero, it was even lamer.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

Quote by Time Seller
Spontaneously combust. Works everytime.

I quote myself if I didn't make myself clear.

Alternatively, you could do a Shaggy:

When the guitarist rips a solo, stick the mic between your legs and thrust in time.

EDIT: To answer this question
And what to do to show who is who in guitar duel or jam?

Wear identical clothes and stick-on beards. Dance in rhythm. And play the same solos.
Last edited by Time Seller at Mar 10, 2008,
Sacrifice your bassist.
TO SATAN.
And smoke meths onstage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
tell mean jokes about bass players and drummers, here ill give you a few

for bass:

you (into the microphone): there seems to be a problem with your bass dude
him/her (into the microphone): really? what?
you (into the microphone): i can hear it

i cant beleive i know that one...........

for drummers

if your drummer tries to talk to you, come back with "speak when spoken to bitch, your a drummer not a musician"

works everytime
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Quote by vanshaya
insult the audience.

+1 devin townsend

Just be a general dick to your audience, they will love you for it
what i did once was...

- wore random epic clothes... with a top hat (yes...)
- went mental on stage..
- did an Angus Young n jumped on my singers shoulders n played while he sang
- stage dived.... (sept that didnt go as planned...... )
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Page 1 of 2