i know E and Em shaped and A and Am shaped....and how to make 7ths and minor 7ths....but this guy was talkin about G C and D shaped barre chords so i tried it out and it jus doesnt sound right.....and when i put it into a chord finder to figure out what it was it said it wasnt even a chord:S.....im jus wonderin how to use them...am i jus playing them wrong or can u only play them in certain spots....also are there n e other shapes....cant practise if u dont know em
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
You do them the same way you do the E-shaped and A-shaped - move everything one finger back and then barre it. So let's say you wanted to play E major. These are the correlating G, C, and D-shaped barre chords:

D shaped

X
X

C-shaped

X

G-shaped

X (or 12, if you can do it. I usually just leave it out)

Basically, any open chord that uses 3 fingers can be turned into a barre chord. There are also other shapes - 9th chords, diminished chords, etc. - that aren't technically barre chords but lend themselves to easy moving around the fretboard.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Mar 10, 2008,