This weekend I went amp shopping (had to upgrade from a G-DEC). Deciding to go to the old local pawn shop and what do I see? A Fender Ultimate Chorus Amp with all the paperwork and original footswitch for 200 bucks!! So of course I bought it right away. Just needs a new input jack (for input 2 so not truly worried yet). This is also the same shop I got My left MIM Strat for 130 bucks. So I was wondering if others had the luck of finding their treasured guitars/amps at a pawn shop?
they still have it for like $250 and if i had the money, i would buy it in a heartbeat, but one of the pawn shops here has a Floyd Rose Redmond 4 guitar. Its amazing. then they have the flying v's, 5150's, some nice stuff where i am
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
I wish I could buy things from pawn shops but I can never convince myself too. The guitars in the pawn shop in my area always look like they've been beaten to death and then some. The action on the guitars are usually atrocious. You can never try them out in the pawn shops either because the amps don't work or the guys don't want you to use it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
man H4T3BR33D3R you must have got stuck with the crappy pawn shops. I mean some of the guitars I've seen at mine are beaten up but still kinda worth. Like a Green Acrylic BC Rich mockingbird for 500 bucks. I have no use for it and it has a slight crack in the body but I know they'd let try it in any of the amps there.
Quote by LoneMNRocker
man H4T3BR33D3R you must have got stuck with the crappy pawn shops. I mean some of the guitars I've seen at mine are beaten up but still kinda worth. Like a Green Acrylic BC Rich mockingbird for 500 bucks. I have no use for it and it has a slight crack in the body but I know they'd let try it in any of the amps there.

My pawn shops are terrible. There's a Mockingbird at a mom and pop guitar shop just like that for half the price.

The reasoning for the price is that the owner doesn't like B.C. Rich guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I found a Washburn Dime2ST at one here and walked out with it for $150 because it had no trem bar and the switch wasn't working right, plus it was a bit beat up. A trem bar from my Charvel, contact cleaner, and a nice cleaning/setting up, plus some nail polish here and there, and I traded it for a Jackson Kelly.
I got my cheesy Squier strat at a pawn shop for $20. Pic is in my profile. It's not great, but what can you expect for only 20 bucks! I also got my Danelectro solid state amp at a different pawn shop for $25. No pics of it yet.
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
I lucked out. I have a few decent pawn shops that I make regular trips to just to see what they have in stock. They let me try anything I want, and I can usually work out a great deal out on stuff I do get. Sure, there's a lot of beat up low end guitars, but sometimes I'll find a rare gem in the form of a underpriced, high-end guitar, or a dirt cheap, low-end guitar that I can fiddle around with. Not to mention parts. Because many of them don't know much about guitars, I've seen them price guitars really low because of the brand, not realizing that there's an expensive set of upgraded pickups on 'em.

In fact, I'm already working on acquiring my next guitar. It's a real inexpensive Greg Bennett Formula (telecaster copy) with non-working electronics. Other than the electronics (which I suspect is an easy fix, they just don't know anything about guitars), the guitar itself is in mint condition and felt/played rather well. I talked them down, stating that since it's not working, I just need it for scrap bits. I just dropped a few bucks for them to hold it for me. Figure I'll pickup some Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups to replace the ones in there and I'll have myself a rather decent telecaster copy.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I know a guy who got a 1980's japanese fender strat, with a flord rose and two humbuckers at a "pawn shop" (the closest thing England has to one, in fact I think that guy is a member of these forums)

Another guy I know found a Squier 7 string in the same place. When I look it's all these "Nevada" guitars ¬_¬
The big pawn shops here apparently do their homework and price their stuff at close to market/ebay value so no big finds for me here. The small pawn shops all have their stuff overpriced and beat up.

The best finds are in the big guitar stores, since the US dollar has taken a huge dive ... they adjusted their price. I paid $2K for my Les Paul, where I would have paid upwards of $3K two years go.

I bet the biggest finds are probably at garage sales or estate sales.

I'll keep lookin.