disillusia
UG Newbie
605 IQ
hey guys im starting to indulge myself and my playing into the blues side because i guess no matter what genre u play, the blues is a must to know.. am i right?

anyway.. i need some recommendations on where to start learning blues.. which song/band etc.

And also how do u guys started out learning how to play the blues?

thanks in advance for the inputs
clement1
i am GOD!
693 IQ
Definetly check out Stevie Ray Vaughan..............its like an orgasm to your ears!
sowhat360
UG Newbie
445 IQ
check out stevie ray vaughns little wing cover....as far as what to learn...you MUST know the 12 bar blues
htsktim91989
184 IQ
corey harris

alvin youngblood hart

mississippi fred mcdowell

hound dog taylor
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
JimiGrohl
140 IQ
you should listen to Jimi Hendrix's blues stuff, check out joe bonamassa too
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by disillusia
hey guys im starting to indulge myself and my playing into the blues side because i guess no matter what genre u play, the blues is a must to know.. am i right?

anyway.. i need some recommendations on where to start learning blues.. which song/band etc.

And also how do u guys started out learning how to play the blues?

thanks in advance for the inputs

The Black Keys is the easiest to pull off when starting out.
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
^ It's too easy. And it doesn't really give you any grounding with a band.

Try Albert King, Freddie King, Robert Johnson, BB King, Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters. I reckon that's a great base as all the greats (other than delta players) were influenced by them.

TS, can you give any info on what kind of blues you like already, for example, bands or songs by certain bands?

syk3d
Unregistered User
337 IQ
Eric Clapton did some great blues covers. Listening to him will give you a taste of some other artists like Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters. Another artist that hasn't been mentioned, who I like, and feel should be mentioned is Buddy Guy, who is insane on his guitar
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.