Hello!

So I'm going to get rid of my current amp soon, and I'd like to have a REAL amp. I prefer tube amps, although I haven't tried any out yet (working on it :P).

It doesn't have to be loud, I'm not gigging or anything, so I won't go over 30W. I like to play alot of different music from thrashmetal to classic (Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc., a lot of blues, and classic stuff too.).

About my price range: I have about 1.5k dollars (american), but I don't want to spend it all, and also, here in Hungary everything is more expensive. So recommend me some pls, and I'll see if I can buy it. Also, I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks in advance: Chris

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm tired and sick :S
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Last edited by Zakk_Wylde_91 at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by Devil In Jersey
try out bugera, damn cheap and from what i've heard so far good sounding.

Never heard about 'em. Anyways, I can't find any here in Hungary Thanks anyways!

Any other recommendations?
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Look into marshall DSL combos. Also, Laney LC-30 would do those styles well, and you'll be left with a fairly good peice of money.

Also, check out Oranges....tiny terror and rocker....

www.thomann.de

/\ A website from the gods.
get a Peavey valveking...50 watts tube ....or a crate palomino
take it down with a SteamHammer
get yourself a fender blues jr....and then a nice distortion pedal. That should cover about any style of music. You'll get unreal clean tones and then based on your distortion pedal you'll get whatever kind of drive you need. Look into the landmine ld-1 for heavier distortion.
Quote by Zakk_Wylde_91
Never heard about 'em. Anyways, I can't find any here in Hungary Thanks anyways!

Any other recommendations?

hungary isn't that far from germany, you could buy them at thomann.de.

no problem.
get a Peavey valveking...50 watts tube ....or a crate palomino

just no.

get yourself a fender blues jr....and then a nice distortion pedal. That should cover about any style of music. You'll get unreal clean tones and then based on your distortion pedal you'll get whatever kind of drive you need. Look into the landmine ld-1 for heavier distortion.

Blues junior won't do most of those styles well at all. And distortion pedals are not good with tube amp in my experience.

Also, i'd really reccomend a Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive pedal.

You could do any style with that setup, except for the most brutal metal.
Quote by zwound
just no.

Blues junior won't do most of those styles well at all. And distortion pedals are not good with tube amp in my experience.

Also, i'd really reccomend a Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive pedal.

You could do any style with that setup, except for the most brutal metal.

I've been thinking about Peavey Classic 30 too, its ~1k$ here. My question: Will it work good with a Zoom g2.1?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them if they have it around here. Btw germany isn't so close unfortunately :|

Thomann.de ships to Hungary That's great! Almost everything is cheaper there :O
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Last edited by Zakk_Wylde_91 at Mar 10, 2008,
Dno. But you should get effects to match your amp not an amp to match your effects
You arent to far from germany, so see if you can get your hands on an engl thunder/screamer combo. But a classic 30 sounds preety good for what you are doing
Quote by zwound
Dno. But you should get effects to match your amp not an amp to match your effects

Yeah, I agree, but when / if I buy this, I'll be quite low on money
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Hmm...

Firstly I agree you should buy from Thomann, great prices and they ship to Hungary.

I would have normally recomended the Laney VC30, but im pretty sure that wouldnt do thrash that well. The classic 30 is a good amp, Ive got the 50, with a nice OD, it'll do thrash.

The zoom pedal will not work well with any amp IMO, it isnt a great pedal and will only hinder the peavey classic's tone, not enhance it. I say sell it and save up money for single effects pedals if you really need that many effects.
Quote by Hakanku
Hmm...

Firstly I agree you should buy from Thomann, great prices and they ship to Hungary.

I would have normally recomended the Laney VC30, but im pretty sure that wouldnt do thrash that well. The classic 30 is a good amp, Ive got the 50, with a nice OD, it'll do thrash.

The zoom pedal will not work well with any amp IMO, it isnt a great pedal and will only hinder the peavey classic's tone, not enhance it. I say sell it and save up money for single effects pedals if you really need that many effects.

What effects would You recommend for playing slayer / metallica / megadeth?
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Quote by Zakk_Wylde_91
What effects would You recommend for playing slayer / metallica / megadeth?

None should be needed besides maybe an EQ, and depending on the amp, an OD.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
What do You think about the Vox ac15?
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Of all of those amps the Peavey Valveking 112 50 watt combo is the best sounding, the most versitile and the best deal.
^ Ignore that. The Valveking can't hold a candle to the Classic 30, much less something like an Engl, and it has reliability issues to boot.

The AC-15 isn't really voiced for metal.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
You can ignore 41 years of guitar-playing experience or you can ignore him.^
Quote by carniferous
^ Ignore that. The Valveking can't hold a candle to the Classic 30, much less something like an Engl, and it has reliability issues to boot.

The AC-15 isn't really voiced for metal.

Hmm

I think the valveking wins here in the distortion department. It does supposedly have reliability issues. As i have seen 3 dead demo models. The Engl comment though is true. Im looking at a framus or bugera myself.

The framus if i have the money but people are saying the 333XL from bugera is good. Really good distortion without compromising the cleans too much.
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Speaking of reliablity issues the reason I have the amp I have now is because the two B52 All Tube Combos I bought new died within three months of each other. Thank God for Guitar Center's liberal return policy.
Last edited by uldhppi at Mar 13, 2008,