I just bought a 1988 Fender Japan Stratocaster 57 ri last night. I was thinking of upgrading the body eventually to an American Fender Hot Rod 57.

Guitar I just bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140213740951&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Body I want:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-USA-FENDER-AM-RI-57-HOT-ROD-STRAT-GUITAR-BODY_W0QQitemZ360028800136QQihZ023QQcategoryZ47069QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would all the parts fit correctly in the new body?
To me this seems really pointless. The upgrade you'll get is barely noticable, and you're wasting like 200 bucks on it?

You already have a great guitar, and japanese strats are comparable to the USA ones.
Ditto, waste of money and time.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
The neck would probably fit the body. It may not be a perfect fit, but it should go in.

As for parts, the screw holes will probably be off.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Oh yeah, I've heard the Japanese necks are thinner and 'faster' than USA and MIM.

Even if you go forward with this rather pointless quest, it might be quite a loose fit inside the neck cavity.
hmm, ok thanks.

I just thought that the different paint and whatnot would make the guitar have a better tone. Plus I was really wanting the sunburst. But if it really won't make a difference in the guitar's sound, then I'm not going to bother.
if you want a sunburst try this
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Many asian parts are metric while US parts are inch. So they sometimes fit. Its one of the disadvantages to living in one of 3 countries on the planet that doesnt use metric. The other countries are liberia and myanmar.
No it should fit fine actually. Pretty much all Fender strat parts(mim/mij/mia/custom shop) are interchangable with each other.

But like everyone said it wouldn't be worth it.. You won't even be able to HEAR the difference between the 2 bodies, if there even IS one..

Use the money for new pickups and electronics, Japanese Fenders have crappy electrics. Get a full rewire with new pots/switch/input jack and the pickups of your choice.