I've been playing for four years and i play anything from acoustic to metal. I probly wont b playin acoutic 4 the audition. I need a piece that is fast but not like yngwie or buckethead fast. I'd like it to sound diffucult but not b super hard. I have 8days to get this piece ready.

Thanks
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Try nothing else Matters by Metallica
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
i wouldnt know much 'not so fast' melodic stuff. maybe try learn cover songs by melodic death metal bands like arch enemy or kalmah or children of bodem. or maybe if your allowed make your own piece of music?
What is the audition for? Music Btec or band?
Quote by killedbyaspork
because there is also a gibson squire, and they don't want to get them confused
how about going with something you already know. that being said if you don't already know something thats kinda fast and requires technical proficiency, 8 days before practice is not the time to decide you wanna be a fast technical player.
Quote by MacAdam
I've been playing for four years and i play anything from acoustic to metal. I probly wont b playin acoutic 4 the audition. I need a piece that is fast but not like yngwie or buckethead fast. I'd like it to sound diffucult but not b super hard. I have 8days to get this piece ready.

Thanks

Play something you know and enjoy; there's nothing worse than watching a guitar player who isn't enjoying what they're doing because they're thinking too hard about what they're playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i agree with above comments. playing something you know, and well is a lot better than attempting to play something hard and looking bad cuz you've only had 8 days.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
alright thanks for the help
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah