Have you ever had to replace any of the knobs/dials? If so, is it easy?

Mine are starting to fall off now, not surprising, 17 years old. So I bought new ones coz the old ones just fall off straight away.

Any tips or anything?

Cheers.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by chocolategod
just get a new guitar

Oh... my... god.

Prime example of someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's chatting about.

TS, just make sure you get the solvent for the glue you're using first (if that's what you're using) so you can sort out any mistakes easily.

Quote by Fallenblood
Change strings and you'll be fine.

Yeah, change the strings. On an AMP.
Quote by webbtje
Oh... my... god.

Prime example of someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's chatting about.

TS, just make sure you get the solvent for the glue you're using first (if that's what you're using) so you can sort out any mistakes easily.

Haha I did wonder what they were on about. And cheers, i shall remember to get it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Fallenblood
Change strings and you'll be fine.

moron, hes talking about an amplifier
i didnt know they made a 5150 guitar!!@!@!!!!@!@! that would go good with my 6505 amp.
ahhh dumbasses.
Quote by chocolategod
just get a new guitar

Are You Serious?... lol
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
This thread...

Fail.

Anywho... I've heard that you can (very gently) pry the knob posts apart, as they are a split design and not solid. Do this before you put the new knobs on and they'll stay on better.
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
Quote by The Faded Line
This thread...

Fail.

Anywho... I've heard that you can (very gently) pry the knob posts apart, as they are a split design and not solid. Do this before you put the new knobs on and they'll stay on better.

Awesome, cheers. Hopefully the new ones will arrive soon.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Let me know how it goes, will ya. I've got some new ones coming soon too. Just remember - if you are going to try prying apart the two slits on the knob shaft, do it VERY carefully. If they break, you're screwed and have to replace the pots themselves (as I'm going to have to do)

Gear

Bummer, it looks like the guy I bought it off blue tac'd them on , they lasted quite long tho, I bought it like 3 years ago. I'm gunna have to clean the shafts up before anything else. I'm guessing you just stick glue in the actual dial, align them and stick in back on the shaft? I'm a total n00b at this lol.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Nemesis75
moron, hes talking about an amplifier

Um... no. Don't you see the strings and stuff on the 5150 head? It's a guitar/head combo.

/idiocy
Quote by jambi_mantra
Bummer, it looks like the guy I bought it off blue tac'd them on , they lasted quite long tho, I bought it like 3 years ago. I'm gunna have to clean the shafts up before anything else. I'm guessing you just stick glue in the actual dial, align them and stick in back on the shaft? I'm a total n00b at this lol.

Sounds right to me - good luck brotha

Gear