Can people name some Labels with a link to their site please. I'm more interest in British based labels. And also what is the actual difference between the two? I have a rough idea, but would like a polished one please.

But yeah, links please, more so in the UK thanks.
Lol at that girls' bass being bigger than her.

Sorry, I don't know anyone who will be interested in rock. Why, are you sending out demos?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Lol at that girls' bass being bigger than her.

Sorry, I don't know anyone who will be interested in rock. Why, are you sending out demos?

Yeah, we're looking to send out our demo

we're recording it over the weekend so we'll be flying them out.

They'll be put up on here too.

But does anyone know any labels at all?
Slightly offtopic, but since i start touring this summer for money (we got offers like 1500 usd per show), i feel that record making could be close....but how does it work? how much royalty do you get? is it % from all sold albums, or you just get some sum of cash for your record before its released and after that you get no royalty?

I've heard both scenarios
Quote by zwound
Slightly offtopic, but since i start touring this summer for money (we got offers like 1500 usd per show), i feel that record making could be close....but how does it work? how much royalty do you get? is it % from all sold albums, or you just get some sum of cash for your record before its released and after that you get no royalty?

Well, in theory you wouldn't actually care about the money.

My (indie) label give me about 80%, which is a massive amount, compared to major labels.
I charged £5 for my last album, and I'm charging £5 for my next album, in the spring. Obviously, larger labels have to charge more, because they have a lot of expenses for employees, advertising etc.

And to electricnightma- good luck.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Well, in theory you wouldn't actually care about the money.

My (indie) label give me about 80%, which is a massive amount, compared to major labels.
I charged £5 for my last album, and I'm charging £5 for my next album, in the spring. Obviously, larger labels have to charge more, because they have a lot of expenses for employees, advertising etc.

And to electricnightma- good luck.

Hm, i'm not in the business for the money, but we kinda need it right now, because we don't even use our own equipment (as in we rent our amps whenever we need them) and we also don't have our own rehearsal room (we use a really bad one from another band...and we also pay rent for that too). So if we got a nice little advance from a record or whatnot, then we could use that money to get our own rehearsal space + maybe some amps and stuff?
I sorry I don't have any links, but google will do it for you.

Serjical Strike (sp?)
Interscope

That's all I have at the moment.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by zwound

It depends a lot on the type of music you play, the label, your fanbase, your target-audience, the venue, etc.

But don't expect a lot of royalty for record sales. You're lucky if you get over %5. Most money is made on touring and merch. That's where bands make their money, not in the studio.

But it's definitely not a decision you want to rush. There have been so many potentially great bands that sign shady contracts when they're first starting, and it ends up ****ing them 5-10 years later. Don't be desperate.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
^For the sake of your integrity, don't ever sign Victory.

Unless you enjoy taking it in the ass from Tony Brummel's gang of Hot Topic-doused faggoths.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
RCA, sorry, no links again
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by electricnightma
were a really young band 14-16 year olds

but we let our music do the talking

feel free to check us out

www.myspace.com/electricnightmaresuk

]
Yeah I listened, I actually think its pretty good, you have a lot of time, your really young though so don't be bumed if you get rejected. Keep trying.
you're good, just don't get cocky

you might be better sending your tape to radio stations and stuff, not like the regional BBC one though, respectable ones
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
you're good, just don't get cocky

you might be better sending your tape to radio stations and stuff, not like the regional BBC one though, respectable ones

which radio stations would you regard as respectable?