This is my first amp build, i've done a couple of pedals and worked on some guitar circuits, so i decided to have a go at a really simple amp, its basically a copy of the Little gem, with some mods. I'm building it for a friend for his b'day.

Its basically the same circuit but i have an LED in there, and a 'Becks/Broadside' switch, which changes the value of a cap to change the tone (if you get why its a becks/broadside switch then you are officially awesome)

I'll post some schematics and pics when i have time

-Blues_King
lol@u
pics or dont post
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'll get pics up soon, some of the parts came through from maplin, but the stripboard is on back order
lol@u

the first layout, of the stripboard, you will find the schematic on runoffgroove.com, i have made a couple of mods, like the switch and stuff

can people check it out for me? i think its ok, but i'd like some other opinions (the colour of the wire dosen't correspond to anything btw, its just there to make it easier to see)

and that, the layout of the front panel, alcohol content is gain, hangover potential is volume, and anyone who knows about quality beers will get the becks/broadside connotation

what do we think? i'm just waiting on some more parts and i can start construction

lol@u
looks cool!
(sorry, i'm no good with circuit borads...)
i'd love a faceplate like that though!

haha... hangover potential
------

Shwiggity.
Cheers, it was me and my mate thinking up themes for amp panels, alcohol was the best one

Anyone gonna confirm this for me?
lol@u
Alcohol is never the wrong way to go. Except when you're trying to avoid banging fat chicks but thats a given...
Quote by Blues_King431
Cheers, it was me and my mate thinking up themes for amp panels, alcohol was the best one

Anyone gonna confirm this for me?

it is pretty sweet. are you going to get a blank faceplate or are you going a predrilled. im thinking about doing something like that on an overdrive pedal im going to build soon.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
i'm making a faceplate from some metal my tech teacher will hopefully give me

can anyone check the wiring yet?
lol@u
Quote by Blues_King431
i'm making a faceplate from some metal my tech teacher will hopefully give me

can anyone check the wiring yet?

ok so this might be a dumb question but why is the volume pot only a 25 ohm? i thought they were usually way higher than that.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
You should put a 'suck' knob on there. Just make sure it's something you'll want to keep low most of the time.
Was that a joke? i get the feeling it was, but i didn't get it

hankey, you are good with electronics, how does the wiring look?
lol@u
Finally, a working camera and the parts!

Now i have some pics, still waiting on the pots, which is a bit annoying, but i got some of the PCB and my meagre collection of parts.

The PCB, well, not really, its stripboard, but that.

same, from the bottom

components that have been nicked from places, and bought.

The Caps, my meagre collection, alot of them nicked from old circuits.

The resistors, note the 2w ones

The Diodes, 3 of them Light emitting

IC's and transistors, the ones in the packet are being used for this, the 9 pin one is from an MS-2 adn the transistors are from a fuzz face

hopefully i'll get the rest of the parts soon, and can have some pics up
lol@u