My friend was arrested a few days ago for threats, and a newspaper put information up on an online article. They put this address up there, and I was wondering if they're allowed to publish his information? He's 17 so I think he's still considered a minor in America.

Oops..spelling error.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Mar 10, 2008,
my friend just got arrested in school today.similar stuff. i don't think anything will happen. if anything does he may be able to file against them
Quote by icaneatcatfood
My friend was arrested a few days ago for threats, and a newspaper put information up on an online article. They put this address up there, and I was wondering if they're aloud to publish his information? He's 17 so I think he's still considered a minor in America.

Well your question makes absolutely no sense, so I will not answer it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
In the UK, I think the police decide when it's appropriate to disclose information. If they haven't given an opinion yet or have said no, then the paper could well be in trouble.
It's probably state-specific, although more likely if he's being charged as an adult.
Hi, I'm Peter
I wouldnt think that it would be, but depending on your state it may be different.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
It shouldn't be if he is being charged as a minor, but like others said, you're in the states and states have their own rules.

Try and find out, then sue the newspaper
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Oh... ****!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by icaneatcatfood
My friend was arrested a few days ago for threats, and a newspaper put information up on an online article. They put this address up there, and I was wondering if they're allowed to publish his information? He's 17 so I think he's still considered a minor in America.

Oops..spelling error.

haha same exact thing happened to me and i was gonna call the paper and make a big deal even though i didnt really care.

But i know in most states i think at 17 you can be tried as an adult. I know i was 17 and if i was 16 they wouldnt have been able to take me away (it wasnt anything big just a suspended license) but since i was 17 they could.